4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #19
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Gayle, I bought more plants today, and got them potted. Now all together I have:
  • Two patio tomatoes, already blooming and since I bought them on Monday have already put on tomatoes. One of the plants came with one tiny tomato already on it.
  • 2 eggplants together in one pot, that's how they were growing
  • 4 zucchini plants (2 per pot, as they were growing)
  • 1 rosemary plant (I love lemon rosemary chicken.)
  • 1 sweet basil
I ran out of pots. Rex is going to get his painters to save me a couple of 5 gallon paint buckets because I want to have two pots of yellow straightneck squash. I have some cocozelle squash seeds, but I think it's too late to plant seeds. They have the small yellow squash plants at HEB Plus.

I'm mixing 50/50 potting soil and organic compost. I hope that will be a good medium. The compost is supposed to have beneficial microbes, and I'm going to get the liquid seaweed as you suggested. I didn't call the organic nursery today but will try to call tomorrow if they are open on Good Friday.

Can't wait to see how this all turns out. Since I already had the pots & potting soil and got 4 cuft of compost for the price of 2 cuft, this isn't turning out to cost too much after all. The new plants I bought were from HEB Plus and were much less expensive than the ones from Lowes.

If nothing else, I'm having fun experimenting.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote