4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2009, 06:04 AM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

check out lines

There are a few things that bother me about check out lines! The first one started a few years ago, when everyone was writing checks. We had our own business when I was growing up, so I know that to deposit a check given to you by someone else, we would have to stamp our business name/address on the back of the check. We had an ink stamper and I would do that before mom/dad took the deposit to the bank. Of course, we didn't have very many checks, it was a small town gas station.

OK transition to the busy grocery store in a big city. A few years ago (when everyone was still writing checks) they came out with a machine that the cashiers ran the check through - takes 30 seconds or so, maybe a bit longer and it endorses the check so the person (like me years ago) doesn't have to do it prior to sending the checks to the bank. But the added time it takes to do that irritates me, especially when everyone in front of me was writing checks. I think they should have someone in the back that does that as their job, so customers don't have to stand in line waiting for something that could be done later. I know, I know, it's just a small amount of time, but it still irritates me. I think the process to check if the check is "good" is probably accomplished at that time - but it still irritates me!

The other thing that really irritates me is when I pay cash for something and the clerk hands me back my silver/paper money and the receipt all at the same time - just plops all 3 of them in my hand all stacked together. Then I have my purse and my billfold, and maybe even my bag that I just bought, all at the same time and I am trying to figure out how to get the silver change in the zip pouch on the back of the wallet, the dollar bills in the bill slot in my wallet, and the receipt SOMEWHERE - hopefully in the purchase bag. It makes me just want to throw everything into the bag, which I sometimes do.

I know these are small irritants, but irritants to me, none-the-less.