4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
KimberlysRN

I have changed a few things for the good.

So, when I graduated nursing school I was 170 pounds. I am 6'0 so many people could not tell but I could. I tried to excercise and eat right but i was stressed out and I was more focused on school... So I promised myself I would change everything once I graduated. So I did... I make sure to eat 3 meals a day, eat snacks between (healthy), drink tons of water, make sure to drink a glass of water before each meal, stop eatting when I am full ( I think when you are a studen and can barely afford anything you eat everything cause you don't want to waste it), excercise 30 min a day for 5 days and 2 days of hiking for a few hours, and using weight watchers as a guideline to simplify what I eat.

Update: Since December I have went down to around 155. I feel better and I am going to continue doing what I am doing. I hope to get a personal trainer to work on target areas like my tummy. I'm not looking to lose weight just lean out.

what is everyone else doing to keep themselves healthy? I noticed that at many resturants are starting to have nutritionl facts available... I know they were suppose to before but they always had the excuse that they ran out, but it seems like now they are attached to the menu. I work in home health until the new grad program in September and the person I work with 5 days a week, in 12 hour shifts eats out every meal so I am always looking trying to look for the healthiest think I can find. I don't believe in diets but in changing the way I look at food and learning what my body needs.

Last edited by KimberlysRN; 07-12-2009 at 08:14 AM.