4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2009, 06:03 AM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I have to go on a cruise

I think I have posted about this somewhere else - I can't remember - Oh, I do remember that I am "losing it" just like the rest of you. Well anyway......

Hubby's 4 sisters (and him) all try to go somewhere together every year and the last couple of years they have gone on a caribbean cruise. I have not gone because

1) I don't really care for cruise ships,
2) I've been to the caribbean already
3) I really don't care for swimming or sandy beaches (sand in every crack, yuk! ), and
4) I HATE TO BE HOT!!!

After our summer vacation, I realized that I really needed to go with Gary on the cruise due to his health difficulties. So, I agreed to go. What brings this to the forefront today is the discussion about the cruise, the excursion, etc. this weekend with his sister and her husband who were visiting.

So, here's my rant. My favorite month in Austin is November. You can be assured of temps that are never over the mid/low 70's and it is not yet cold either. Well, the cruise is in November and so I'll get to spend one week of my favorite month in the HOT CARIBBEAN!!! YUK!!!

OK, rant over. I should be grateful for getting to go on a nice trip with family. I should not complain. I should not complain. I should not complain. I should not complain.