4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 03-09-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Sick of eye infections!

After work yesterday we were pretty busy running errands and then went out for food and drinks with a friend of Scott's who is in town. When we got home at around 8:30 I glanced in the mirror and my left eye was completely red. I took out my contacts immediately. Within about an hour I got a fever and then was awake half the night switching between putting on blankets and tossing them off... This morning it's still the same.

My optometrist said last time it seemed to be a viral infection and to stop taking the antibiotic eyedrops... it cleared up not long after that. I think I should stay home from work today and go back to a walk-in clinic to see if they can tell if it's pink eye or something else. Any bacteria or virus from pink eye shouldn't be staying alive on surfaces for a month.... so I don't think I'm catching it still from last time. Plus, I basically bleached the whole condo! So I wonder if there's something here that's causing recurring infections... I have never ever had an eye infection before this and now I can barely go a month without one.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
paula1961

Oh no Lindsey not again!! I don't have any idea what could cause that. You have had a horrible time with your eyes for a while now. I hope you decided to stay home and go to the dr. Keep us informed hon. I hope you're better soon.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I went to the doctor this morning and I also brought up the terrible chest cough I've had for weeks, and he seemed more concerned about the cough. He did a swab and listened to my lungs and wants me to just take cough medicine until I go back next week for results of the swab.
He kind of agreed with my eye doctor that the eye infection is probably viral and that was that. I'm staying home today and if it doesn't look better by the weekend I'm going to stay away from Scott's nephew's baptism... nobody has caught it from me yet but I don't want to take a chance.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
paula1961

I can certainly relate to the chest congestion and a cough that just won't go away!! I've had one for about 2 mths. I sure hope yours goes away soon! I'm glad the doc didn't think it was anything more a viral infection in your eye. Hopefully it will be all better by the weekend and you can go to the baptism.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Those eye infections have got to be annoying. I hope it goes away quickly. I wonder why your Dr. wasn't a little more concerned about it.... Maybe Gayle will know something.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

It just seems odd to me that you keep getting one eye infection after another. I don't think you are contaminating yourself, either. Eyesight is such a precious thing. If it's not better in a few days, maybe you should find another doctor. I hope you feel better soon Lindsey!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Eye infections.....especially with contacts.....are one of the worst things. I hope you're able to get it cleared up this time......and I hope the chest congestion isn't anything bad.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Poor Lindsey! I am sending a feel better kiss to your eyes! I hope it clears up soon, along with the cough!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #9
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

My eye infection seems to be clearing up! The white isn't so pink anymore, and now there's just a few veins showing. I'm glad I took out my contacts as soon as I noticed... I think that's why it cleared up so quickly this time!

Old 03-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It sounds like if you went without the contacts for a while, it might have a better chance of clearing up. Viral infections are hard to get rid of.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm glad to hear that your eyes are better. Eye infections are no fun!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #12
Pauly P

I have an eye allergy...My eyes are very sensitive and my eyes mostly remain red in summers
Old 10-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lindsay, are your eyes better?