4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 11-21-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Daughter's Coming Home Tonight from College

Our youngest daughter is coming home tonight from college!!! Can't wait to see her. She would have been home earlier, but had to wait for her firefighter boyfriend to get off work and spend a little time with him before heading our way. Afterall, she won't get to see him again until Sunday afternoon. Poor thing. She's excited about coming home, too. She misses us.

I'm always a little apprehensive when she's on the road though, especially after the deer incident. She's supposed to be here around 10:30 p.m.

I've taken off work tomorrow so I can get everything ready for Thanksgiving. Have to cook the pumpkin, make my pecan, sweet potatoe and pumpkin pies, and make the cornbread for the stuffing. Love this time of year. It's our oldest daughter's favorite holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody!!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Aww Marilyn I hope she has a safe trip home, Enjoy your time with her, my daughter will be home tomorrow too. But I get to see her more often she is about 40 minutes away. Enjoy quality time with each other and have a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.... and enjoy your cooking lol your making me hungry everything your making sounds yummy..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
WooooHoooooooo Marilyn! I hope you have a great visit with her!
I know how nice it is to see them when they're not living close to home. My oldest is just over an hr away and I never get to see enough of her.

Gina, I'm glad you're getting to see your daughter too. That's the best part of holidays, isn't it?

Enjoy!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:24 AM   #4
2tiredmom

What fun... My son just got home last night from college. Of course he brought his laundry with him. LOL. I love it. They seem so much more grown up now.
What year is your daughter in school? Have a great time catching up and have a
wonderful Thanksgiving as well.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:36 AM   #5
Marilyn

My daughter made it home safely. She's prettier than I remembered, and yes, she brought her laundry, too. But she gave me fair warning. It costs $10 to do 6 loads at college.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:47 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I hope that you and your daughter have a special time together this holiday. I have a daughter that is in college too. It takes about 70 minutes for her to come home. I see her a couple of times a week because she drives home to work. It doesn't make sense to do that but she's worked at this job a couple of years and they've kept her on their insurance and they've worked around her schedule. I hope that you have aHappy Thanksgiving!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote