4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 01-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #16
mistyinca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
So far Misty, I'm really liking it. Tonight I made something so simple. They have these bags of brown rice that you just heat in the pouch in the microwave. There are two servings in each pouch. Then I microwaved some frozen mixed veggies. It was really good too and only 5 points total. I got full from just the one serving.

I don't like cooking very well, so I'm really going to have to start I think. I also have trouble some days getting all 29 points. I may have one left and then have to go eat something to get it all. I was told not to go below the 29 points so I make sure I don't.

For lunch, I love to have a wheat pita pocket with turkey and cheese. So filling and only 4 points. I'm in this for the long haul. I need to get on the WW site and print out some easy recipes.
Yes, you do have to eat all your points. I usually have no problem eating enough! LOL.

Here's some ideas for you:
Baked skinless chicken leg (regular size, not a huge one) with nothing on it is 1 point. With a fat free sauce like bbq, its 2 pts, so you could have 2 bbq chicken legs for 4 pts plus your rice and veggies. If you start with a 4oz boneless skinless chicken breast, it will be 4pts for the one with sauce.

I have lots of WW recipes. If you're looking for something, let me know and I can find one for you. Their cookbooks are really good, and you can find used ones pretty inexpensively on ebay.
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I need some WW recipes so bad, but I have to look through them. There are so many things that I do not like, that's why I didn't rush to buy the Recipe books they had for sale at the meeting. One book was $10.00, I think it was an older one and the new one for $20.00. The food companion and dining out companion books are different than mine. I think mine are from 2006. Not sure if I'll buy the food companion again, but I may go ahead and purchase the dining out because restaurants are always changing their menu. They are only $10.00.

I'm just really anxious to try some different recipes, I'll just leave the stuff out I don't like and maybe substitute.