4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-18-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
Taurus Babe

visa's

I am having such a hard time figuring out how to get one! Does anyone have any experience with applying for visa's or moving out of the country?
It's so complicated, and such a long process and I think I need a works visa but you have to be offered a job first, but every prospective employee wants to see your visa first!!! What in the heck am I supposed to do?
(maybe this should have gone in the venting section!)
Thanks guys for an advise!
Old 09-18-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
Amber_lv

Hmm. i have no idea but i hope it works out for you!
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

The only visa I am familiar with is the one that goes "Cha-Ching Cha-Ching, then tacks on a finance charge."
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #4
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I was wondering the same thing, because I graduate in december and have found sooo many job listings in the US. I've decided not to go right away, but from what I researched, I'm pretty sure you do need a job first. I could be wrong, maybe there's just a period of time you can stay until you find a job or something, I'm not really sure. But for me, I would have to then apply, have the application looked over, and then go in for an interview (the closest place to interview from where I live is ohhhh about a 7 hour drive!). If your application AND interview is approved, you can get a visa. So that's how it works here in good ol' Canada And I'm sure it wouldn't be too much different for you.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:34 PM   #5
Taurus Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey
I was wondering the same thing, because I graduate in december and have found sooo many job listings in the US. I've decided not to go right away, but from what I researched, I'm pretty sure you do need a job first. I could be wrong, maybe there's just a period of time you can stay until you find a job or something, I'm not really sure. But for me, I would have to then apply, have the application looked over, and then go in for an interview (the closest place to interview from where I live is ohhhh about a 7 hour drive!). If your application AND interview is approved, you can get a visa. So that's how it works here in good ol' Canada And I'm sure it wouldn't be too much different for you.
Girl can we just trade passports!! You're Canadian trying to come here, and I'm American trying to move there! I want to go to Vancouver, and really I don't need to work cause I will be supported at first, but I have to work to get this visa so I can stay there legally. What you described sounds right, but the thing is you have to get a job offer BEFORE you can get a visa, but everyone you wants to hire you wants to see your visa FIRST! It's nuts! Why can't it be easier? Like you I graduate in December and I'm sayin "goodbye" to america!!

It's just not an easy process and there's so much phoney help out there and not enough real solid info. And with it potentially taking so long...there's just a lot going on with it as I'm sure you know since you're going through it too.
Lets switch identities!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:35 PM   #6
Taurus Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
The only visa I am familiar with is the one that goes "Cha-Ching Cha-Ching, then tacks on a finance charge."
Yeah I (unfortunately) have one of those. Why are THEY so easy to get!!!!???
Old 09-19-2006, 06:30 AM   #7
Sherry Lynn

LMAO!!!!!!

Quote:
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:14 AM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:

LOL good one!!!! LMAO!!!