4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 02-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #1
Ponyup

How long do blood blisters take to heal?

My tattoo removal caused nasty blood blisters. I am taking very good care of them so they don't scar, but i've never left anything alone, I tend to be a picker so I don't know if the healing I'm having is normal. They were nasty & blood filled for a week & then popped on thier own, now the skin seems to be drying up scabbing. Is all this normal, do any of you know? How long will it take for the dead blister skin to fall off? If you guys don't know that's okay, but I was just curious.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Blood blisters don't take too long to heal. Just leave them alone and you'll find that they'll heal fine without you picking at them. I don't know when the dried skin will come off but I'm sure that your doctor will have an idea when she looks at it.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Diana is right..blood blisters don't take long to heal if they are left alone. As for other kinds of blisters, I was always told to make a small hole near the bottom for the fluid to drain and to do this before you went to bed. The reasoning is so that you're sleeping and it will heal some during the night. I would probably keep some Neosporin or something like that on it.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
Ponyup

Thanks guys. I'm really getting myself worked up over nothing. all the fluid has drained now it's just the dead skin that had separated that needs to come off. It's starting to feel like a scab. So I guess i'm dealing with a scab now instead of a blister. I've been using A&D as recommended by my doctor & keeping it bandaged.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
Janet

Just keep doing what the Dr. says and it will be gone in no time. I know it's hard...but I have to do this also...try to remember that good things come to those who wait. Don't try to rush it...it will heal.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
Ponyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Just keep doing what the Dr. says and it will be gone in no time. I know it's hard...but I have to do this also...try to remember that good things come to those who wait. Don't try to rush it...it will heal.
Thanks janet, patience is definitely not one of my virtues.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
Janet

Mine either...believe me. But I always try to remember that saying and it does help.....a little..LOL
Old 02-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That's actually part of the healing process. The laser burned of the skin with the tattoo and the body's defenses are working just fine. I'm glad you're keeping it bandaged with ointment though to prevent infection.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote