4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 11-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #151
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I really went online to see what was wrong with it by the "symptoms" to see if I should bother trying to get it fixed, or start looking for a new one. Go figure! The appliance store guy get $85 for a home visit!

Good luck with that new truck Ricky!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #152
paula1961

Woohoo Judy! I'm proud of ya too girl! Hope it works well for ya!

Today I am embarrassed to say that I had to go to the hair dresser and let her fix my screwup lol! I decided that I would try to color my own hair to save a little moneydidn't work lol.......made a huge mess of it! But all is well now. She didn't charge me any extra to fix it, just the regular 70.00 thank goodness. Lesson learned. I won't make that mistake again. It was white and "butterscotch" colored Don't think I'll do that ever again!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #153
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Oh my...$70???? I use to color mine, but then decided to have it done every month. Cost was around $40. When she ended up at $50 I decided to quit coloring and go completely gray. I should've kept the money every month that I spent on hair color.....I'd have enough to buy an IPad by now....LOLOLOLOL
Old 11-20-2010, 07:11 AM   #154
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

What did you use on your hair Paula? White and butterscotch sounds like ice cream!

Old 11-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #155
paula1961

Judy I wish it had've been ice cream....it would have washed out lol. I used kalidecolors, that's probably not how you spell it. I have used it before but not for a long time. Seriously my hair was snow white and brass. I wouldn't go out of the house for 2 days until I could get in to my hairdresser. It was horrible.

Yes Janet. She charges 70.00 for foiling. She will pull it through a cap for 55.00 but I like the way the foils turn out. I only get it done about every 10 weeks or so. The foil colors it closer to the scalp so it lasts longer. I agree that it is pricey but I don't want to go all gray just yet lololol.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #156
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm getting ready to go pick up Gary at the train station, he was 2 hours late when we went to Oklahoma on Wednesday, and today he is only an hour late! Trains, gotta love 'em!
Old 11-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #157
Janet

I didn't do much today at all. Ricky wanted to go to Pepe's to eat supper so we did. I had the Stuffed Taco Dinner and two very very cold beers.....hmmmmm sooo good. Now I'm here and soon will be going to bed dreaming about an IPad.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #158
paula1961

Janet.......you are soo funny girl! Hope you enjoy your ipad dream lol!
Today I made 6 pumpkin rolls and put them in the freezer, washed a couple loads of clothes and that's about it. But it was a good day
Old 11-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #159
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

You will NOT believe this! When the train from Oklahoma arrived tonight, I was waiting on the platform for Gary to emerge. Lots of people got off the train, and then no one else got off and they started to close the door.

I said, "WAIT, I'm missing a passenger"!!!!! They asked me his name and they had to PAGE him.

What happened? He had a terrible headache and had taken a pain pill, fell asleep, and didn't wake up when the train stopped!!! He actually had awoken and realized the train was stopped and was walking down the stairs when he heard his name being paged.

I had worried about him hearing his stop on the way up there and back, as he is hard of hearing and the announcements are often very hard to hear.

Luckily I was there to ask his whereabouts! LOL!!!

Oh, and he said the train had to stop once because a woman, a child, and a dog were walking on the tracks! Can you imagine!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #160
Shada

Today was my first day of my vacation week!!
Woo hoo!! I have been working six, usually seven days a week for the past year, so today I took a fast trip to store, back home, put on my jammies, prayed the phone didn't ring, (it didn't) and resting.

Doing Thanksgiving dinner here for my family, so looking forward to cleaning house.. not really, but a darn good excuse for getting things done.
Also hope to clean out my closets! Goodwill here I come!!!

The next few days I will be very busy.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 AM   #161
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
OMG Gayle, I am so glad that you were there to get Gary, you both have such great adventures, although some end up having serious turn of abouts most are quite interesting and comical. I live my travels through you.

I am on vacation this week, i think i have something scheduled for just about everyday, I will have to go back to work toget some rest LOL.

I have been so busy with the puppies but they will all be going to their new homes by Dec 4th, i am keeping them an extra week due to the holidays and either the owners traveling or having company . I will start a new post and post pic's of them, they sure have been a hoot LOL.

My youngest daughter goes for hopefully her last court date in her divorce/custody hearing this Tuesday, then it will be up to the judge to decide where the girls will live, the judge can take up to 90 days to make his decision and with the holidays coming up i think he will use everyday he can so as not to up set the girls during the holidays, at least that was his excuse when this all started at this time last year. So far everything has been going good for my daughter, even his lawyer is having trouble finding things to say bad about her, other than she made a bad choice when she left the girls with his mom when he was in jail, but she knew they were safe and she had to get herself together before she could take care of the girls
I'm sure your asking why i didn't take the girls, well i was trying to help get my daughter through everything that he had done to her, and the girls were and are still so angry with their mom for their dad being in jail, it was just a complicated time.

How can a judge think that 2 little girls would be better off living with a dad that is on house arrest for burglary and a rapist is beyond me, but thats the court system for you. So any ways we could use some prayers that the judge will make the right choice this time, it will be a rough time for Amy and the girls although they have been makeing great strides in their relationships, they don't like the idea of having rules and consequences at their moms house.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #162
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

OMG! Lynne, I can't possibly think what on earth the judge could be thinking to even consider letting the girls live with their father. I just know that he will see what is best for them is to be with their mom!

I am sitting at the airport waiting for a flight to New Orleans. I'm making a quick trip to a conference for a presentation this afternoon ( hope the plane is not late). Gary was supposed to go with me but when he got sick last month, we decided a week in New Orleans was not the best idea. So I shortened the trip and he ended up taking a quick train trip to Oklahoma. Now he's home to keep the boys while I am gone. I'll be home tomorrow.

I'll eat some gumbo, or jambalya, or something Cajun for everyone!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #163
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

OMG Lynne! The judge will certainly see the reality! I will be praying that he makes this easy for your daughter and the girls! You not taking the girls makes sense....you had to take care of your daughter so that she could take care of her children.

Gayle, have a wonderful time! You and Gary do have some interesting days!!! You can never say your marriage is boring!

I am going food shopping today. I stayed home AGAIN yesterday, and ended up getting cabin fever! I took the dogs out for a walk and we had fun. I have been staying home a lot lately. I blew off about 4 social things in the past 2 or 3 weeks. I'm not sure why, but I'm thinking it's not such a good idea. I have to force myself to get out when I don't feel like it.

So, today I will go out!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Old 11-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #164
Janet

I had great plans for today, but they are not starting off well. I was planning on going to my home church (where I am a member), but I actually slept too late. I was up quite a bit during the night telling someone to QUIT SNORING!!!!

Now it's almost 10 minutes till 11 AM and I'm still on the computer...not accomplishing anything. Guess I should get dressed and maybe find something fun to do.....but what??? LOL

I didn't mention anything about Lynne's post...we talk very often and I know how's she's feeling about all this. She also knows I'm praying all goes her daughters' way.

Gayle....you never have a dull moment do you?????

Last edited by Janet; 11-21-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #165
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Nope, never a dull moment! Now I'm in the Houston airport waiting for my flight to New Orleans in a few minutes. Looks like I will make it in time for my presentation which actually isn't until 3:30 and I'm supposed to arrive at 12:40, so I'm really not cutting it that close. The earlier flight left at 7:00AM and I didn't feel like getting up at 4:30! I guess I'm lazy!