4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 02-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #1831
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Abi looks like you, Gayle! What beautiful girls! Sounds like fun.

My 3 are here now. Mackenzie is taking a long bath, Brandon is watching TV in here with me and Kass is playing something on the ipod.

Steve fixed a bunch of electrical problems when they brought the kids. I never know how long it will take for him to get to fixing stuff. He is really good t what he does, I have to say. And, I don't pay him anymore. I shouldn't have to anyway.

Kass is up to my nose already!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #1832
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I let the cat in for awhile...she likes being in. The dogs seem to get along fine with her, but she wants to play and they are not sure how to play with a cat...lol. She'll take a swipe at Joey in play and he doesn't like it.

LOL! I bet you never thought you would say, "I let the cat in". LOL! I bet she is a nice kitty. The dogs will eventually learn how to play with her!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #1833
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I really don't think she likes being in for very long. She'll walk around, then go from chair to chair to couch and just stretch and then trys to swipe at the dogs to get them to play. Then she''s usually ready to go back out. I honestly never thought I'd care so much for a cat...I've always been a dog person. She really is a sweetheart.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #1834
Tiramisu

They're sweet.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #1835
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Judy, my parents have such problems with squirrels in the bird feeders at the lake! My dad has a couple of bird feeders on posts, and he has put big ice cream container lids under the bird feeder so the squirrels can't climb up the pole and onto the feeder... when they get to that lid, there's nothing more they can do!

Yesterday was pretty busy! We took Layla to the vet in the morning because Scott noticed mucus in her urine. Good thing we did. She has a little bit of infection still, but beyond that, she has crystals like crazy in her urine! She has had none every other check, and now she has tons. The vet said we need to switch her food immediately, so we bought some from there. She said the risk for Layla getting a kidney or bladder stone is just too great. If she has to operate on her bladder, we couldn't express her with her bladder stitched up. She would have to use a catheter. It's just too problematic. So hopefully this food works!

Then we came home and worked on wedding stuff. In the afternoon, we headed into the city and I went to the spa to use up the gift certificate Scott gave me for my birthday two years ago (oops)!!! I chose a different package than usual, and I got a mud wrap which I've never had before! It was interesting... She slathered my body with mud from the Dead Sea, then wrapped me in plastic, then wrapped me in blankets, and let me lay there for half an hour. She warned that it would feel tingly and maybe a bit itchy. Well a few parts (my upper back, chest, and behind my left knee) started burning and then itching really bad, and I couldn't move! It was uncomfortable. Finally, I could get up and go into the hydrotherapy tub. I started wiping off the mud, and noticed that those spots were still burning. My chest was becoming red and rash-like where it was burning. I wonder if it was an allergy? Anyways, then I got a relaxation massage and a manicure. I have a bit of money left on my card, but I'll probably use it to buy some spa products for my bridesmaids.

After that, Scott picked me up and we went out for Chinese food. Then we went to the book store to use up the gift certificate he gave me for Christmas I read Wicked a few years ago and loved it, so I bought the next 3 books after it. I'm excited to read them!

Then we went to visit my grandma for an hour, and she was excited to see us. We don't see her every day now that we're not taking Layla, and she misses us. So it was nice to see her and she was so happy we stopped by!

Finally, we headed to a comedy show. We are renting all of our wedding stuff from one place, and the husband of the owner is a comedian. They wrote on their facebook page a couple of weeks ago that he was headlining at the comedy club, and if any of their brides bought tickets, they'd give the bride and her fiance complimentary first drinks and a plate of nachos! The comedian was filming his next DVD so he wanted a full house. Well we took advantage of that! We walked in and found out we were sitting at a two-person private table right beside the stage!!! I hope we didn't get on camera, stuffing our faces with nachos lol!!! It was really funny though, and it was Scott's first time going to the comedy club (I used to go quite often before we were together) so hopefully he'll want to take me on more dates there

Today, I have to work. I brought my laptop home to get some stuff done before Monday. It's okay though, I'm trying to bank up enough time to be able to take an extra week off this year. It would help a lot for our honeymoon!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #1836
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Abi looks like you, Gayle!
Judy, yes Abi does look like me - but if you could see her dad, she has his eyes, so that makes her look a lot like him too. They both have these gorgeous eyes, his are blue and hers are gray green (depending on what she is wearing). Me, I just have nondescript brown eyes .
Old 02-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #1837
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Here's some pics that show Abi's eyes, which look just like her dad's and are what make her look so much like him, rather than me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Abi eyes.jpg (51.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Abi's eyes.jpg (58.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Abis eyes.jpg (46.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #1838
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I enjoyed the super bowl and I'm glad the Giants won. I'm not much of a Patriots fan. I enjoyed watching the commercials although I didn't think they were as good as some in the past. I also enjoyed Madonna. Yeah, the sets were cheesy, but she looked like she was really having fun and enjoying entertaining the audience. I liked that.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #1839
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Gayle, I'm so glad that you made it to the v-ball game. I know how much you enjoy watching them. I love v-ball too!! Wish I was there with ya'!! I'm not very quiet when I watch either!!! I get very involved!! The girls are growing......especially little Emma!!! Thanks for the pictures!!

I'm pleased to hear that Gary's alright. I'm sure you were worried when they got you in the next day to check his pacemaker. My FIL had one and had to go in ofen to get "tuned up"!! He usually felt better afterwards.

Betsi, My fingers are crossed for good news tomorrow on Mike. I know that you're worried.

The two of you, Gayle and Betsi, amaze me at what you go through with your husbands. There should be a special award for women (and men) who go above and beyond what they have to deal with!! Both of you are soooo special!!!

Janet, It sounds like you found some good people and have checked thme out thoroughly. You came up with a good plan to get the house painted without having to do it yourself!! I hope they are as good as your expectations of them are!! How special that they are a young family. I can picture your Mom smiling at the thought of her little house being filled with children's voices and activities!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #1840
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Abi is so beautiful, Gayle! You are so right about her big gorgeous eyes! How old is she now?

Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #1841
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I should go to the gym today! Other than that, I have nothing planned. It is sunny and cold out....a good day to get out.

As soon as the kids left yesterday, I missed them. They are getting older, and are pretty easy to have over. Brandon was on my computer all day, which I don't like, but it was too cold to go outside for a walk or something.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #1842
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

GOOD NEWS! Mike is cancer free!! Thank you Jesus!! I was so worried about him. I truly believe a cancer diagnosis would have been a death sentence for him with all his other issues. Now we can make plans to go see the kids
Old 02-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #1843
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh Betsi!!!! Wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you both!!!!!!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #1844
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Thank the good Lord for blessing Mike and keeping him cancer free. I'm so happy for the both of you and it's wonderful you both can continue with your plans to visit your kids. God is so good.

Yesterday my son was sweet enough to drive me around getting some errands done. I needed to take paperwork to the school for proof of needing off, also took copies to my regular Dr. to make sure he got them, and then to the hospital for my phyical therapy which starts on Wednesday.
We also stopped by the bank window to make a deposit and to Mom's to drop off some more painting supplies.

After we got home I rec'd a call that the plumber could come to look at a small leak we found. They didn't think they could make it until Tuesday or Wednesday but called so I had to drive back to town (Ricky wasn't here). I can drive, but if I drive for too long, maybe it's the positioning of my arm/neck, but it ends up hurting really bad.

Anyway, the plumber came and was able to get everything fixed in spite of the old pipe fixtures. He was finished right at 5:00 so on the way home I had to stop at the funeral home. A friend/neighbors' mother had passed and her viewing was that evening. I just didn't think I could stand the drive all the way home and then back to town again with Rick. I hadn't taken any pain pills with me and I was at the house with the plumber from 1:45 until 5:00. Then to top that off, I had to stand for darn near an hour at the funeral home in line.

I slept very well last night, feel so rested. Today I'm meeting the new renters in town at 10:00 so they can sign the lease agreement, give them the keys and they are ready to start taping so they can begin painting. They have the cutest little 9 month old baby girl that I would love to bring home. So sweet. They said she is usually shy around others and were shocked how she took to me. It shouldn't take me too long in town and then I will be coming home to rest like I'm suppose to be doing and taking my muscle relaxants. I don't like to take them if I'm going to be driving.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #1845
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thank God Betsi! Take a deep breath now and plan your visit! I don't know how you do it. I am sending you lots of love so you can shake off the stress from the biopsy.

Janet, the new tenants sound wonderful! Do you have any idea of what "taking it easy" means? Nope! Mail those papers in, skip the viewing, and have the new tenants come to your house!

By the way, I found this on fb. I don't know if it will help your neck and shoulder, but everbody should take it into account. It's about shoulder pain from using your iPad on your lap.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0125091055.htm

I was supposed to go to my writers workshop this morning, but didn't finish writing the piece I wanted to bring. I stayed home and am going to finish it. I think I might set aside some time every morning to write. I don't like "writing on the run."