4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 11-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #16
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I use AVG and haven't had any problems... we use AVG on all of our work computers too. Which web browser do you use Diana? Internet Explorer can be terrible for pop-ups but I've found the pop-up blocker on Firefox is wayyyy better! Of course it won't FIX the problem, but will make using your computer a little more bearable in the meantime.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #17
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I don't know what web browser I use. It's probably Internet explorer but I don't have any problem with pop-ups, but when you get a trojan it just pops up anyway. You can hardly do anything without it popping up and it looks like something you need to click on to get it taken care of, which actually ends up making things worse. I hope nobody else gets this thing. I hate it!!!!1

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #18
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I hope you get it fixed soon Diana. Viruses are such a pain in the 'you know where.' Even though it's going to be quite some time....I think the next computer I get will be a Mac. Hope you get someone who speaks English with Dell.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #19
DianaB

With us paying for a gold package I think I'm guaranteed that I'll speak to an American. I'm getting ready to call so we'll see.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #20
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Isn't Dell good for customer service? I have always heard that, anyway. Maybe all you need is tech support. They are usually better than customer service

I did speak to 3 different Indian customer service reps between yesterday and today, from 2 different companies. Two were excellent. One didn't get my question, but I think it was more that she was too young and inexperienced, than a language issue.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
DianaB

I called yesterday and got a very friendly and helpful young man. He had me up and going in no time. I even had a few other questions and he checked everything out and fixed what needed fixed. This morning I sent an e-mail with another question and he called back and did some more things to my computer. I just love it when they can take control of your computer instead of trying to lead you through the steps. The mouse just floats over the screen and clicks and just does everything!! Anyway, I'm up and running........and I highly recommend to anyone getting a computer to get the Dell Gold Package. It costs but it's definitely worth it!!!1

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #22
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Isn't that the best when they do that remote thing? Is that what the gold package is? Toshiba doesn't do that.

I'm so glad your computer is running well!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #23
DianaB

The Gold package is something that guarantees you better tech support. My laptop is actually rated for small businesses so it's for businesses to get their computers fixed quickly. You get to talk to an American and there's no waiting to talk to someone. We've even had them send someone over to replace a hard drive without it costing us a cent. I'm not sure what else it covers. I've called them for all my questions.....even to help set up my printer (which is Dell too).

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #24
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That is great Diana. I'm so glad you're back up and running and had such a positive experince with Dell. They do have great customer service and this just proves it. The only thing is, in my opinion....every company should have this kind of service for their products and you shouldn't have to pay for it.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #25
DianaB

I agree but sadly we don't live in the 1950's anymore. Things were built to last back then but now days things are made to only have a short lived life so you have to buy things more often. My husband has a name for that......engineered obsolescence, or things made to fall apart. It's too bad but that also applies to customer service back then people took pride in doing their best job and making things last, and treating people/customers well. Not today......We have to pay for that kind of service. It's sad.

After I stop laughing!!!