4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 05-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #46
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I wish you the best on this diet. I've decided that I just can't do another one. It's just too hard and then I get depressed because I failed. I'm think I can watch my portions better than I have been so maybe I'll give it a try.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #47
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I am at a standstill with losing weight. I have gained about 7lbs. in the past two years and can't seem to lose it at all. I was keeping it off when I had all that dental implant surgery, but don't want to do that again.. I am really not eating fattening foods, I am eating healthy. I don't eat sweets regulary anymore, occassionaly have I a bowl of ice cream and its usually Edys slow churned or a little treat, but nothing is coming off.

I guess my body cant lose anymore weight. I do go to Zumba classes and am going to join a gym again.. I am between pants sizes and don't want to invest in a new wardrobe. Its very frustrating..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #48
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I have GOT to try to lose some weight. I gained 10 lbs this winter while we were in moving mode and I have had NO desire to get it off. I need to lose 20 lbs. I hate the way I look, but with no motivation, I just couldn't do anything.

I am sorta motivated now, and so Gary and I are going to try to start dieting tomorrow. I hope it goes well.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #49
Janet

Good luck to all you dieters
Old 06-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #50
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Dieting is so hard! Of course, you are not motivated! Who wants to give up good food, count calories, go low fat, and deny yourself carbs? Such craziness!
I am like a drug addict when I go to the supermarket! I crave every carb I pass - the breads, the cakes, the cookies, junk food, even the fruit. I am afraid one day I just may break in at night and they will find me happily snoozing in the cookie aisle the next morning!

I am down to 134 now. I was actually 132.5 yesterday morning! I had steak last night, and that stays in your stomach for about 48 hours, so it will show up on the scale. My goal weight is 132 but I could stop right now. My coach told me that people usually go about 5 pounds under their goal weight. Then, when we add carbs, etc. slowly, any weight gain won't get us over the goal weight.

I'll know when I am done, so I'm not concerned.

Diana, the new Adkins sounds like my Medifast diet. Definitely check with your doctor first. This diet is stressful for your body, and you need to be sure your body can deal with it.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #51
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Well, Gary and I started our diets today. I count WW points, but I also have an App for my iPhone (probably one for the iPad too), called Lose It! It's free. It calculated that I should have 1200 cals per day to lose 1.5 lbs a week - which is approximately the same as my number of WW points (I get 25 WW points and each point is approximately 50 cals).

You input your food and exercise for each meal each day and the app keeps track of everything. It's pretty nifty. It also saves the food you eat in a bank since most people eat basically the same thing, so eventually, you don't have to look up the food you ate, you just go to the bank and can easily find what you ate and enter it. It's kinda fun and it's a novelty right now, so that may help - ANYTHING may help and goodness knows, I need help right now.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #52
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That app sounds very useful. I think I might add it.

Good luck with WW. I think that is the best of all diets.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:48 AM   #53
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Well this is the start of day 4 and I'm doing well. I am hungry in the afternoon about 4:00 and I didn't take anything to snack on with me to school, so I just ignored it and ate a little watermelon when I got home which seemed to curb the hunger. I'm also hungry in the late evening, but not ravenously hungry like the late afternoon hunger. I need to find some snacks that I can eat that won't burn up all my calories. I CANNOT snack on fruit or raw vegetables because they make my stomach growl and it feels like hunger pains. I need to find a lower calorie granola bar that tastes decent. My favorite bar has 150 calories and I don't want to waste that many calories on a snack. Any ideas for me?
Old 06-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #54
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Fiber one bars are 90 calories and have a lot of fiber. Doesn't WW have snacks available? I remember buying delicious bars at WW when I was trying it again.

How about sugar free jello? It's sweet and fun to eat. I don't know how many points they are, but I am allowed 4 to 5 olives, which also have good fat.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #55
Janet

I am interested in that app you mentioned Gayle. As soon as my IPad is charged I'm going to check it out. Maybe if I just watch calories a little more closely that would help me instead of trying a 'diet'. I'm hoping to be a bit more active once school is out and I won't have to be on a schedule of any kind.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #56
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Well this is the start of day 4 and I'm doing well. I am hungry in the afternoon about 4:00 and I didn't take anything to snack on with me to school, so I just ignored it and ate a little watermelon when I got home which seemed to curb the hunger. I'm also hungry in the late evening, but not ravenously hungry like the late afternoon hunger. I need to find some snacks that I can eat that won't burn up all my calories. I CANNOT snack on fruit or raw vegetables because they make my stomach growl and it feels like hunger pains. I need to find a lower calorie granola bar that tastes decent. My favorite bar has 150 calories and I don't want to waste that many calories on a snack. Any ideas for me?
I was going to recommend Mrs. Mays bars but I checked out there calories and it's 170. But boy are they delicious.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...Bar-Assortment
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #57
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm doing well on my second week of dieting with Lose It! I lost 2 lbs last week and I weigh tomorrow to see what I've lost this week. Might not be as much since dieting while in Houston with the kids was a struggle. I still get pretty hungry at times, I'm snacking on watermelon and Special K 90 calorie bars (they're not too good though).
Old 06-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #58
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

i like South Beach bars!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #59
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I do too, but they usually have more calories than I want to spend on a snack. Sigh. My favorite are the Sweet and Salty bars, but they are 160 each. Sometimes I break down and eat one though
Old 06-20-2011, 06:00 AM   #60
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

The Medifast bars are delicious, although my grandchildren don't think so! Maybe I am just used to them, but I really enjoy them. They are 110 Cal., 25 Cal from fat and 4 g fiber. I'm not sure how many points that would be. They also have 11 g Protein.

They are expensive, but cheaper on eBay. Medifast gets $16.25/box of 7 bars. I don't pay a lot of S&H because I am a member, but they charge a lot to ship if you are not a member. Ebay is better for S&H too.

I spend about $300/month for all of my food, and then have one "lean ande green" meal every day. My total food costs are low.

I weighed in at 130.5 this morning!!! I lost 20 pounds! YAY FOR ME!!!