4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #76
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I just heard sleet, snow and some freezing rain. I am not going out! But..it will be in the low 30's, high 20's for the rest of the week, snow, snow and so on. That's fine! I think I have gotten used to winter here. People are talking about it being so snowy this January. I guess???? The thing is, it doesn't hinder us that many days. The roads are clean, and having the Subaru is wonderful!

Of course, the fact that I don't have to go out if the weather is bad, makes the whole situation so different. It's like I'm in a different movie than if I had to go to work!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #77
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
What I wore to school today:

Knit pantyhose, knee highs, socks, pajama pants and jeans.

Muscle shirt, shirt, turtleneck, turtleneck sweater, hood sweater and long jacket.

Gloves on top of gloves and ear covers.

No joke, I can't stand the cold.
Could you move, Jessica? I picture you looking like the Michelin Man!!!

We were out of school for three days too and I really didn't think the kids should have gone back when they did. The roads are still not very clear to have the school buses out running. We're suppose to get more snow next week. I haven't heard if we're suppose to get much or not so I guess we'll see. We ARE having some really cold weather though......bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #78
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
We were out 3 days last week too. When we went back on Friday...the roads were bad, but the buses handle it so much better than being in a car. Today...Rick and went to town. I needed to get the rest of Mom's meds and get a few groceries. We couldn't hard see all the way to town because of whiteout conditions. Even in town there were whiteouts.

We were suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow, but we got more like 6 on top of the 3 inches of ice/sleet and 3 inches of snow we already had. Monday they are calling for 1-3 more inches of snow. This has really got to stop....I'm not a snow fan as most of you know. I love being at home....but not being stuck at home.

Hopefully the roads will be cleared off quickly.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #79
Janet

We are having a very cold period...in the single and double digits, but this weekend.......it's predicted to be in the 40's......yay!!!! gotta do a happy dance!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #80
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

We've been nice and warm all weekend but are going into the deep freeze (for us) for a couple of days, then it is supposed to be nice by the weekend again. Our only problem is that we may have freezing rain tomorrow -hope not, as the Austin drivers are NUTS in the snow and ice!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #81
paula1961

Hope you don't get that nasty weather Gayle but I saw on the news earlier that you are supposed too........

We had flurries all day today and cold cold cold....it's 25 right now..supposed to get down to about 18 tonight and tomorrow 1-3 inches of snow.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #82
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Our nasty weather is supposed to come tomorrow. Hope it comes early enough so they cancel our 10:00 meeting, otherwise, I'll be at school when the ice comes and trying to get home while avoiding the CRAZY DRIVERS who will be trying to HIT my car!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #83
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Our weather is supposed to be like yours tomorrow Gayle. I'm supposed to get my eyes checked but I'm sure I'll cancel.
My bedroom is on the front of the house and I have 3 huge windows that face the road. The last time we had ice/snow I opened the blinds, piled up in bed with the dogs, and watched people sliding up and down the road It doesn't take much to amuse me. I just watched it snow and told the cars "slow DOWN, you're going to slide right in to my house"
Old 02-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #84
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I can't discuss the snow anymore!!! There seems to be no end! It's the ice that is dangerous.

Spring, please come soon!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #85
Janet

I'm with you Judy....I am so ready for spring. Our temps are suppose to be in the 40's this weekend and I sure hope a lot of it goes away. The roads are pretty clear now with just a few slick spots...highways are fine. I need more sunshine!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #86
paula1961

It's snowing here right now. Winter weather advisory till 7 am. They are giving 1-3 inches but I doubt we get much. I'm with you girls...so ready for spring!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #87
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Temperature is going down again
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #88
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It's supposed to get down to 19 tonight. Brrrrr! That's too cold for me! I know you all up north have to put up with lots colder weather - but down here we don't have the clothes or wherewithall to put up with such temps!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #89
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Our temp was -10 this morning when I got up.....the good news is that it's suppose to get really warm for the next few days........so this beautiful snow is going to turn into ugly ol' slush.......
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #90
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

How do you keep your pipes from freezing when it is so cold??