4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 02-15-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
It makes all the difference

My manager is on a short vacation for a few days, which leaves me in charge of the branch with a single teller to help me. I got to do things today I've not gotten to before, such as ordering money from the big vault, and making a judgement to deny a check based on the fact that I wasn't convinced it was valid. (I had to laugh when the party who tried to cash it left mumbling about the fact that other banks had refused it as well!)

The day went well!
I didn't run into anything I couldn't handle, and got a good referral for someone in need of investment advice. (I earn a bonus if they end up closing the deal) My teller said it was the most fun, relaxed day she's had since she started there, and when we closed for the day, everything was balanced and accounted for.

If every day went like this one, I'd not hesitate to stay in my current job. My manager won't be back until Monday, so I'm hoping to have at least 2 more good days before then. I wish it could go like this when he's there... but sadly, it doesn't ever seem to. When he stands over me, my mind goes blank. When he's around, I second guess myself and make foolish mistakes just because I know he's expecting me to. I hate being critiqed and criticised all day long!

Just having him gone makes such a difference. SIGH
Old 02-16-2007, 04:49 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Can't his superiors do something about him? That is ridiculous to have employees so nervous all the time and want other jobs. Do they know he is like this?
Old 02-16-2007, 05:24 AM   #3
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[COLOR="Red"
When he stands over me, my mind goes blank. When he's around, I second guess myself and make foolish mistakes just because I know he's expecting me to. I hate being critiqed and criticised all day long![/COLOR]
Tink - You are going to think I am crazy here...(won't be the first time, LOL) but may I ask why you let this individual make you feel less than worthy? Sunday night meditate/pray that you won't allow him to invade your space, your positive space. Tell yourself that you WILL continue to have all the confidence you do when he's there, just like that day you wrote us about when he was not there.

Put out a positive energry around you, others will feel it too and it will rub off on them. You cannot allow this man with all his negativity to invade you, it isn't right. So take charge and if you concentrate hard enough and remain positive I promise you will see a difference. If not...Then just call me nuts. LOL

With all the drama you feel with him around it is clouding your judgement. It totally is affecting your well being and those around you. YOU can change this, it's your energy that will change when you make it happen.

I could go even farther with this crazy note by asking you to say a prayer and or meditate and secretyly place rock salt where this gentleman stands at. (don't let others see you place this salt) Ask that God or your angels guide you and keep you focused on this positive energy. It might be worth a try crazy as it sounds.

Good luck!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:14 AM   #4
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Tink, i agree with the above posts. Don't allow anybody to belittle you!

Good luck girl
Old 02-16-2007, 06:15 AM   #5
Tink

Thanks ladies, I really value your support.

I'm a strong believer in things working out the way they're meant to, so this morning should be very interesting to say the least.

My teller called me about an hr ago to tell me she'd called in sick today. She's been fighting an infection with over the counter meds and it's just getting worse.
Since I can't man the branch alone, our district manager is coming in to work with me this morning and will try to get someone else to fill in as soon as he can. He, of course, is my managers direct superior. I am hoping to be able to talk with him while we work and get some things said that I can't with my manager around. I'll need to be very careful and tactful, but maybe, just maybe, this will be my chance to set things on a better path.

I could really use your prayers and crossed fingers today. It's going to be a rare opportunity if only I can make use of it.

I'm going to be praying all the way to work today!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:11 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Well we'll be praying right along with you Tink. I think all the advice given is good advice, plus I like the idea you're going to talk with his superior.

It's all in the attitude Tink, it really is. We have the choice of how we feel. It's just hard sometimes taking control of that.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #7
Tink

I worked with the district manager for only a couple hours today. Her told me he knows nothing of what to do, so he was there only as a security partner. So I ran my tail off the whole time he was there and never did get to talk with him.

It was crazy busy... I had up to 5 people waiting in line to be waited on at one time, which in our little branch is highly unusual. The person who came to relieve the DM is an assistanct manager in a much larger branch and she admitted up front she didn't really know how to teller either, so tonight I'm just dragging my butt. It was a murphys law type of day where everything that could go wrong did. The woman I worked with couldn't get over the odd things we saw today.

She was very nice, but not a lot of help. She's been with the company over a year and said she still doesn't feel she really knows her job either.
OMG my feet and legs are tired!