4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 08-01-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Gotta brag a bit

My Mom is moving, so I've been helping her. She was viciously attacked by a very large dog (rotti cross) a few years ago and has been leary of large dogs since. She still has nightmares about her ordeal and will refuse to go places that have large dogs. Until Moses.

Moses is so gentle and patient... he sits next to her chair and just makes himself available should she think to pet him. He doesn't push on her, doesn't pester her at all, just makes himself available. He seems to sense her hesitency and fear.

Today I got her permission to bring him with to help her unpack and hang drapes etc. He was a perfect gentleman all day. He let my 2 yr old granddaughter lead him around the apartment by his leash, did all his pottying outside in a strange place, and was so quiet that Mom just couldn't resist him. I was a bit choked up when I heard her tell her friend that he is one dog she truly doesn't mind having around.

I took Moses outside to relieve himself at Moms and met a couple of her new neighbors. One has an autistic dd about 14 yrs old who appeared to be off in her own little world until moses went over to her and leaned against her leg. She ended up petting him and gave him a big hug. Her mom just said "WOW!" and smiled broadly.

When we went back in, a little rat terrier came running out and charged at Moses yipping and jumping all over him. He just kept walking, totally ignored it and went down the hall with me as if he hadn't even noticed it.

I was so proud of him so many times today. His temperment and personality are just so endearing and sweet that I had to brag on him a bit. He's like a wise old soul in a young dogs body.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You should brag. He's a real sweetheart and gives off that energy.

Kiss him for us please.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Wait....when you said, and I quote, "When we went back in, a little rat terrier came running out and charged at Moses yipping and jumping all over him. He just kept walking, totally ignored it and went down the hall with me as if he hadn't even noticed it," where you by any chance referring to Yorkies?

MmmmHmmmm......!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #4
Tink

ROFL no, an actual "Rat Terrier". Short smooth coat, reddish brown and white spotted, my grandpa used to always keep one on the farm to keep the rat population down in the grainary.

He seemed to believe that Moses was an oversized rat. Moses on the other hand, figured since he's NOT a rat, he should simply ignore the insult and carry on. LOL
Old 08-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sounds like you have the perfect dog, there aren't that many! What a sweetheart!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #6
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

He is a keeper for sure, what a sweetheart of a dog...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
ROFL no, an actual "Rat Terrier". Short smooth coat, reddish brown and white spotted, my grandpa used to always keep one on the farm to keep the rat population down in the grainary.

He seemed to believe that Moses was an oversized rat. Moses on the other hand, figured since he's NOT a rat, he should simply ignore the insult and carry on. LOL

Now I learned something new. I always thought rat terriers were Yorkies since they were originally bred to keep the rat population down in graineries too.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
Tink

ratterrier.jpg Definitely NOthing like a Yorkie.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:38 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

No, but he's awfully cute!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #10
Tink

Our neighbor raises rat terriers and has a male that likes to come over once in a while. He's a crazy little creature that will run like his tail's on fire if he sees us see him. LOL

The rat terrier isn't an AKC approved breed yet, but they've been around quite a while and some breeders are working on it.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #11
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Moses sounds like a really sweet and loving dog Tink. You have a right to be proud of him.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:57 PM   #12
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Aren't you proud of Moses!!!! It sounds like he's a really good boy!!! You're very blessed!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote