4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 06-24-2008, 03:04 AM   #1
HALEY

Chicken Pox's

My doctor warned me about this, Micah got his chicken pox's shot a couple weeks ago and the outbreak is here, he has chicken pox's, the problem is now my husband never had them, so he's trying to stay away from Micah for awhile, i told him not to bath him or change his diaper for a couple of days, My doctor has him on Benedyl 4 times a day, watching for a fever or the rash to get worse, so if you guys don't here from me, you know i'll be taking micah back to the doctor's, i told na na, call me if he gets worse....
Old 06-24-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Awwwww, poor baby!!! Hope it isn't too bad!!!! & sure hope Hubby doesn't get it.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:43 AM   #3
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Awwwww, poor baby!!! Hope it isn't too bad!!!! & sure hope Hubby doesn't get it.
so far Marilyn he just has pox marks, if it gets any worse, i'm leaving work and running him to his Peditricians. I'm not taking any chances with this. Cause if Hubby gets it, he's high risk of shingles. and i know these are very painful.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:40 AM   #4
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY View Post
so far Marilyn he just has pox marks, if it gets any worse, i'm leaving work and running him to his Peditricians. I'm not taking any chances with this. Cause if Hubby gets it, he's high risk of shingles. and i know these are very painful.

Haley funny you should brought this topic up. I went for my yearly phycial yesterday. The dr. asked me if I ever had the chicken pox as a child. I told her that I don't think so and that my children had them badly and I had slept with them. I also have been around adults who have had the shingles. She said most likely is that I am immuned to them. But she wants to run a blood test to see. She did tell me that if you have never had chicken pox you do not get the shingles. That is only if you had them as a child.

The dr. told me that a person who never had chicken pox would get the chicken pox as an adult and it would be dangerous. Infection to the brain can happen and severe scarring. I don't want to scare you. Tell your husband to get a blood test or talk to the dr. about it.

Aww I hope Micah is feeling better.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:47 AM   #5
HALEY

We'll of coarse Mike called his mother yesterday and she has him scared, she thinks she a nurse, HA, the woman is just a nurse's Aid, there is a huge difference!
She so stupid she told him to stay away from Micah for a couple days etc !
I told Mike she is nuts, who the hell is going to take care of him!.. Chicken poxs is air borne virus anyways, if your going to get your going to get it..
I told him to go move in with his mother a couple days ! There driving me crazy!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:55 AM   #6
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
My understanding is that a child is most contagious before and while breaking out, so your hubby has already been exposed. Now you just wait to see if he gets them. I've known adults who got them and yes, they did get a worse case of it, but all turned out fine in the end.

Usually for a child the worst of the sickness is over by the time theyr'e done breaking out, so your little guy should be just fine now. Itchy, but not terribly sick.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:04 AM   #7
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post
My understanding is that a child is most contagious before and while breaking out, so your hubby has already been exposed. Now you just wait to see if he gets them. I've known adults who got them and yes, they did get a worse case of it, but all turned out fine in the end.

Usually for a child the worst of the sickness is over by the time theyr'e done breaking out, so your little guy should be just fine now. Itchy, but not terribly sick.
Thanks Tink, like i said his mother thinks she a nurse, there nuts! That's why the doctor told me to give him benedryl incase he's itchy, and to bring down the rash.
Mikes family just worries about themselves thats how they always been! Sad but true..
Like you said i think the worse is over with, just have to watch for a fever now.
Na Na said he's doing fine, he even ate waffles this morning, so i'm feeling alittle bit better today, i didn't even want to come to work today, should have took the day off.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #8
teri88

Poor little guy! I hope he gets well soon. This is the problem I have with the chicken pox vaccine.....I remember how miserable he was when he got the shot. Now, he has to go through the misery of the disease too. Doesn't make any sense to me.....Hope all is well very quickly, especially since your hubby can't help out! That sucks.

Of course I'm in shape. Isn't round a shape?
teri88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #9
teri88

Quote:
Thanks Tink, like i said his mother thinks she a nurse, there nuts! That's why the doctor told me to give him benedryl incase he's itchy, and to bring down the rash.
Mikes family just worries about themselves thats how they always been! Sad but true..
Like you said i think the worse is over with, just have to watch for a fever now.
Na Na said he's doing fine, he even ate waffles this morning, so i'm feeling alittle bit better today, i didn't even want to come to work today, should have took the day off.

Haley, don't beat yourself up because you are at work. It sounds like Micah is doing fine and he's being well taken care of. Save those days for when he really needs you!

Old 06-24-2008, 08:21 AM   #10
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by teri88 View Post
Haley, don't beat yourself up because you are at work. It sounds like Micah is doing fine and he's being well taken care of. Save those days for when he really needs you!
Thanks Teri, i just hated leaving him this morning, days like this it just sucks to be at work!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I know what you mean Haley. I hated to leave Jessie when she didn't feel well to go to work. It sounds like he'll be fine though. I think the worst is over.

There's a vaccination for shingles, by the way.

Your MIL sounds really annoying. You have my sympathy.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #12
teri88

Quote:
Thanks Teri, i just hated leaving him this morning, days like this it just sucks to be at work!
yeah, been there, survived that! You do what you have to do and before you know it, you look back and wonder where the heck the years went! When Kevin was little, I used a sitter one summer because I had to work days. I used to drop him off and he would stand at the door and cry "don't go mommy. don't go" I would cry all the way to work. Then when I would call the sitter she would tell me that before I even pulled out of the driveway he would take off to play with the other kids. When I picked him up in the evening he would cry that he didn't want to leave the sitter! That kid just loved to make me feel guilty!

Old 06-25-2008, 02:44 AM   #13
HALEY

I hate when that boy cries, he has me wrapped around his little fingers!
We'll he was up at 3am this morning, screaming his head off. Took me an hour to rock him back to bed.. Gave him a dose of benedryl, the pox don't look to bad today, put some baby powder on him before sending him nana's house. Hopefully he takes a nice nap for her this afternoon, the poor kid was so tired yesterday he was falling asleep eating his dinner.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:46 PM   #14
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I feel for you. You're such a good Mommy! Kiss Micah for me please.

I hope he has a better night.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #15
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That sucks! They gave him the vacine to prevent chicken pox and it ended up giving it to him anyway! The good news is that you don't have to deal with that again. Chicken pox is hard no matter what age you are!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote