4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #1
HALEY

hectic day.

we'll had another hectic day yesterday, there still talking about laying us off this winter.. so went home, made dinner, got Micah a bath read him some books, and decided that i wanted a beer, got one opened it up took a couple drinks, put it down, folded some clothes turned around and it was gone, hummm.. ok, going crazy i thought to myself, ran downstairs switched clothes got another one, same thing happen,,, looked at Mike what are you doing!!! he's taking my beer!!! i think he's cracking up.. all i wanted was a nice cold beer, just one to relax and the ass kept taking mine, he said he thought i was his!! so i gave up and just got a glass of ice tea.... he's driving me nuts!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
2tiredmom

Haley, So sorry to hear things aren't going well. Maybe next time get something to drink that he doesn't like then maybe he won't want to take it. My thoughts are with you. Hope it all works out for you. Your in my prayers.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tiredmom View Post
Haley, So sorry to hear things aren't going well. Maybe next time get something to drink that he doesn't like then maybe he won't want to take it. My thoughts are with you. Hope it all works out for you. Your in my prayers.
Aww thanks hun, it just feels like doom and gloom everyday at work, all the guys are pissed off cause they cut all the OT, now there talking about lay-offs, and with Christmas coming up, just depressing..
i wish, beer is the only alcohol beverage we have in the house, and we keep it downstairs, so everytime i went for a beer i had to walk down in the basement, i think he did that on purpose, just of make me crazy!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #4
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Haley, so hope that things improve for you very, very soon!!! Perhaps after the election is over, things will improve. Sure hope so!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:52 AM   #5
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Haley, so hope that things improve for you very, very soon!!! Perhaps after the election is over, things will improve. Sure hope so!!!
Marilyn, i don't understand US Steel just had the best quarter in years, and they took out a loan to upgrade there mills for coke and coal, so maybe im in the wrong business, there is a company close to where i live i'm going to have to upgrade my resume, there hiring - its called solar power ind. there hiring up to 1,500 employees by 2011. they manufactor solar cells, so there is a couple places doing well with the econimic crisis..
im going to wait till after the election, it is a shame but i do live on my Ot.. especially with Micah now and all the extra's that i have to buy... i would hate to lose my company truck, but i would for a higher salary...
Old 10-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Haley, I'm sorry too about your situation but the good news is that you do still have a job. I think that a lot of people are having to tighten their belt this year. I, too, hope that after the election that things will improve.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Haley, I'm sorry too about your situation but the good news is that you do still have a job. I think that a lot of people are having to tighten their belt this year. I, too, hope that after the election that things will improve.
Amen to that one i'm very lucky to still have a job
Old 11-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Dear Haley,

I think getting your resume together is a great idea. I also think waiting for after the election is a good idea. I am sorry that you're struggling though.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #9
celstu1

silly men! I guess the ice tea was a safer bet that he wouldn't take it. LOL I hope your day today is going a bit better?
celstu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #10
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Dear Haley,

I think getting your resume together is a great idea. I also think waiting for after the election is a good idea. I am sorry that you're struggling though.
there trying to cut me down to 4 days a week, im waiting for my boss to come over i'm salary how the hell can they do that, i'm going to bump the scale clerk on fridays and run the scale that day....