4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Good news!

I know it has been forever since I've been here, but I wanted to share my news with you!

Even though we thought it was not possible, Brendon and I are expecting! Little Aiden should arrive around the end of March. We are ecstatic! We've been busy preparing his room and learning as much as possible.

I hope you all are doing well! Feel free to find me on FB if you want to see more about Aiden!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Hi Angie! I wondered what happened to you! CONGRATULATIONS! And welcome back!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I've been keeping up with you on FB, and I'm just so happy for you both!!!!!! You look adorable with your baby bump!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I haven't had the pleasure in meeting you but I can still congratulate you

I hope everything goes smoothly and I'm sure baby's room will look fantastic.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
AngieDoogles

Thanks Lindsay and Betsi.

JJJ, nice to meet you! The bedding is super cute. I'm posting a photo along with one of our early ultrasounds and a baby bump pic. This has been such a fun experience and it keeps getting better and better! I'm excited for what the future holds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11 weeks.jpg (18.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Baby Bump - 18.5 wks.jpg (95.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Bedding.jpg (80.6 KB, 10 views)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 11-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
paula1961

Hi Angie. Nice to meet you. You look just beautiful! Congratulations on your new baby! Your bedding choice is exactly like my 7 month old grandson Ryan's. Can't wait to learn more about Aiden!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I am so excited for you!!! I remember when you were feeling so awful and had such bad news about having a baby......but, God is so good and answers prayer!!!! I've been following your posts on FB about the baby and getting everything ready!! You know.....we're going to have to have LOTS of pictures when your little guy gets here so don't be such a stranger!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:08 AM   #8
AngieDoogles

Paula, nice to meet you too! I'd love to see pics of your grandson's room to see how it all came together. I searched and searched for the "right" bedding and fell in love with the cute little monkeys and turtles. We ordered a ton of stuff from eBay.

Diana, that was a very difficult time for me and Brendon. I was devastated when we first got the news several years ago. The funny thing is, we had come to terms with it and were perfectly content to spend our lives together as just a married couple. We could travel whenever and wherever we wanted. We would save a ton of money. We would have more time for each other. And on and on. I graduated with my master's in May and BAM-pregnant in June. lol! We were shocked and our whole life plans changed in a moment. It was another major readjustment, but we really couldn't be happier. I think we both appreciate little Aiden even more knowing that we are so lucky to have him.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:08 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I have been following your "Adventures with Aiden" on fb, and am so thrilled for you both! That is a great name.

I remember when you got that bad news, and now you are having a miracle baby!
God does work in mysterious and wonderful ways.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
AngieDoogles

Adventures with Aiden! I love it!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Well let me congratulate you on your Master's too

I think all you needed was to be stress free.

It's funny how life works, I was trying not to get pregnant and not even birth control stop me ( 3 kidos)

I think your baby just wanted to come at the right time.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #12
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Angie, it's good to see you here, although I keep up with you on FB too! I know you are so thrilled and I'm thrilled for you too!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #13
paula1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles View Post
Paula, nice to meet you too! I'd love to see pics of your grandson's room to see how it all came together. I searched and searched for the "right" bedding and fell in love with the cute little monkeys and turtles. We ordered a ton of stuff from eBay.

Diana, that was a very difficult time for me and Brendon. I was devastated when we first got the news several years ago. The funny thing is, we had come to terms with it and were perfectly content to spend our lives together as just a married couple. We could travel whenever and wherever we wanted. We would save a ton of money. We would have more time for each other. And on and on. I graduated with my master's in May and BAM-pregnant in June. lol! We were shocked and our whole life plans changed in a moment. It was another major readjustment, but we really couldn't be happier. I think we both appreciate little Aiden even more knowing that we are so lucky to have him.
Hey Angie! We found alot of stuff to match the bedding such as a wall pic, lamps and I can't remember everything but we found it at Babies R Us. Look online...I'm sure you probably already have lol! I'm so happy for you and your hubby!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:14 AM   #14
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
Well let me congratulate you on your Master's too

I think all you needed was to be stress free.

It's funny how life works, I was trying not to get pregnant and not even birth control stop me ( 3 kidos)

I think your baby just wanted to come at the right time.
Thank you! The Master's program was a blast and I was sad to graduate, but I still keep in contact with my classmates. It was a wonderful experience!

I agree about the stress. We ended up getting pregnant during the time in our lives when we were absolutely the least stressed. I had finished school, I had applied for jobs and was waiting to hear back, so no work for me, hubby was out of school for the summer so no stress for him. We were just enjoying seeing more of family and friends and each other after a year of 60+ hour work weeks--between school, internship, and GA...and that's not even counting time to do homework!

Congrats on your three little ones. I'm sure you've posted pics so I'll have to look up your threads to see them!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:20 AM   #15
AngieDoogles

Thanks Gayle! I spend most of my online time on FB cause I have very active friends and family there who love updates on little Aiden, but I'll try to remember to post here too. Hopefully it won't get repetitive for you! lol

Paula, I noticed the monkey/turtle stuff at Babies R Us too! So far we have all the bedding, the wall decorations, the diaper hanger, a rug, a stuffed monkey, the mobile, a decorative pillow, and a blanket. There's a lot of other cute stuff there, but I might go with just solid colors for the other accessories so the theme isn't overpowering.