4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Very sad

Jessie's little 5 year old Japanese Chin died yesterday. He got into the whelping room with Princess, one of the malamutes, who gave birth to eleven adorable puppies on Wednesday, and she attacked him. Jessie had run out to the store, and left Brandon home. Steve was doing work outside.

Poor Brandon tried to stop Princess with a broom. This is the second much loved small dog that was killed by a malamute in their house, and the second time that Brandson saw it.

Jessie wants to get rid of all of the malamutes at this point. She says that she will never feel comfortable, even with one. I am praying that Steve doesn't give her a hard time about this. So far, they haven't really discussed the whole thing, as far as I know.

The kids are heartbroken and so are Jessie and Steve. Oreo was theirs when the kids were all young, and they have grown up with him. He was such a happy dog! He also was Jessie's dog. When she was in bed for three years with MS, he stayed by her side and really gave her great comfort. They are all having a difficult time with this loss! I can't even think about it! I love Oreo.

There also is conflict because they love the malamutes. They kept two puppies from the last litter, and they are just adorable. Diva is also expecting a litter this week.

So, they have 6 adult malamutes, two 4 month old puppies, 11 newborn puppies, and who knows how many Diva will have. They will sell the puppies.
Jessie is going to cut the price down if necessary.

If it were me, I would just give them all away to good homes, and it would be finished. I will mind my own business though.

What began as a wonderful thing - the birth of 11 healthy little puppies has ended up as a tragedy!

I am taking Smoochie, their other Japanese Chin, for a while so that he is safe.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
MaddieBoo

That is such a tragedy, I am so so sorry to hear it.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
Shada

Judy.. this is horrible. Just horrible. I feel so bad for you, and your grandson that he had to see this happen again. Thank God he didn't get attacked himself.

I don't know what to say. I do agree with you and Jessie. I would have to rehome all the dogs. It would be so hard to trust them again. What if its a child next time?

I am so sorry.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
paula1961

Oh Judy this is horrific! I am so sorry this has happened! You and your family must be devastated. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm so sorry Judy! What a terrible thing for Brandon to be part of. That's probably something he'll never forget. It's just a sad situation all the way around.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Oh how sad. Poor little Oreo. Thank goodness the dog didn't attack Brandon. It's really hard if you don't feel that you can trust your dog with kids. I wish them luck on whatever decision they decide to make.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

SIL doesn't want to get rid of all of the malamutes. What does he need to understand that they are not a good match? Makes you wonder about how dense can a person be?

Old 11-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
SIL doesn't want to get rid of all of the malamutes. What does he need to understand that they are not a good match? Makes you wonder about how dense can a person be?
Selfish. How very, very selfish!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
Selfish. How very, very selfish!
I love him very much, but he is selfish. And stubborn!

Old 11-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I can't believe what I'm reading...a second one? Poor Brandon, to see this twice and you, Judy...to relive the memories of what happened to Annie, I'm so sorry for you both and the rest of the family. Unless there is someway to keep them totally separated, like in different buildings...I would not let the Malamutes with other dogs. I'm so glad Brandon wasn't hurt and hopefully not what it takes for Steve to see the light.