4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 12-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Kids say the darndest things

On Monday nights, my brother and his girlfriend go bowling, so I have been watching her kids (4 and 5 years old). The first while was great because they were so eager to do anything I asked. Last night I found out they're about done being nice and are comfortable enough to be bratty Anyways, I can not WAIT for these kids to grow up and get married so I have lots of stories to tell about them at their weddings

Morgann, the 4 year old, loves to sing. A week ago, I was reading her the book "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch. She insisted on singing the song on every page. When the book was done she sang her own song to me. It went like this: "I used to be just a baby but now I'm a little girl.... Later I will be a teenager and then I'll be an adult.... And then I will get old and sometimes I will die" LOL I said to her "Only sometimes? Other times you won't die?" and she said "YEP!" She also insists on saying her prayers before bed. It's really cute because she will kneel right beside her bed and whisper them to herself. Her mom asked if I ever listened to what she said, because she has tried saying grace before at the table. Apparently she says something along the lines of "Jesus BEARED the CROSS and DIED for our SINS and GOD WILL SAVE US ALL" and on and on and on lol... so funny coming from such a little girl and nobody knows where she gets it from!

Adrianne used to be the sweet quiet one but I'm catching on to her ways Shaun told me last night to watch out for her because she has figured out how to climb onto the counter to get into the candy cabinet. I caught her once and she said she was just trying to get medicine for her sore leg. I asked what kind of medicine and she pointed at Buckley's lol. I had to let her know that's not sore leg medicine and maybe she should just try not to walk on it, so I had a little girl hopping on one leg for the rest of the night!

Anyways, I'm really glad for the opportunity to be with them weekly. I really love those little girls! It takes away my Monday evenings and sometimes it can be a headache but it's worth it other times when I can read a book and have both little girls snuggled up with me, looking at the pictures and talking about the story. They just moved a few blocks from my place so it's not a big deal to go over there, and I'm sure some day the favor will be returned

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
paula1961

Awww Lindsey! That sounds like fun! Kids definitely do say the darndest things. They sound sweet and yes at their ages "a little bratty" is just how they roll
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Those little girls will always remember staying with you! Better write down what they say so you don't forget it by the time they get married
Old 12-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Lol I'm going to have to start writing things down. Some things just stick, like when Morgann told my dad that my uncle's name (Jim) was silly. My dad asked what his name should be instead and without skipping a beat she said "LILY PAD!" and now he is known as Uncle Lily Pad to the whole family

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 12-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Lindsey they sound adorable!!! They are going to remember these special times with you...and you will too.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

There is nothing like an aunt! The girls are so lucky, and so are you. You will all always have these memories.

My best friend is my Aunt Eleanor. She is 88, and we share everything! We tell each other things nobody else will ever know, and we call each other when we sense that the other needs a call. We are always right too!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #7
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Judy, I have the exact same relationship with my aunt. She is 86
Old 12-02-2009, 07:37 AM   #8
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

That is so sweet! I hope they still like me when they get older Lol

Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
That is so sweet! I hope they still like me when they get older Lol
Well Linds, who wouldn't like you? I'm sure they will love you!

How about pictures?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #10
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Well I'm at work but I found some pictures on Facebook

First the girls helping my mom fill hummingbird feeders
Then both girls with my parents' dog
Finally, my brother teaching them how to play hockey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg girls2.jpg (56.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg girls.jpg (74.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg girls3.jpg (64.8 KB, 8 views)

Old 12-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #11
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

While the girls were playing hockey in my parents' yard this spring, my dad was laughing with them and doing some sports commentary When one of them would shoot it through the others' legs, my dad said "Great goal! Through the wickets!" and Morgann thought that was just the best phrase... everytime she made contact with the ball she would yell "IN THE WICKEDS!"

Old 12-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #12
paula1961

Aww Lindsey they are beautiful little girls! Thanks for sharing their pic with us.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Lindsay, what adorable girls! I know you just have a ball with them! The one climbing up to get the counter to get the candy reminds me of an old Bill Cosby monologue - where he tells the story of his 3 year old who climbed up on the cabinet and got into the cookie jar. When he caught her with the cookie in her hand she said, "Dad, I got you a cookie"!

Your nieces are soooo cute!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #14
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

What cute girls!! Just the right age to keep you laughing!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #15
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

They are just adorable Linds! I can see a lot of spunk in those beautiful little faces.

Enjoy them!