4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

They did it again....

I will be sooooo glad when Jaci gets out of school. I'm fed up with them and I never want to deal with them again!

Our school has a Christmas pageant every year. It's a big production for our small town and hasn't changed a whole lot from when I was in school. It's an honor to be chosen to have a speaking part or be a soloist. Jaci has a very sweet on pitch voice and we'd always figured that she would be a soloist. She's tried out every year since she's been in high school and last year was an alternate for a song (in case the other person got sick someone could step in and still sing). We figured that with this being her senior year that she would finally be chosen........WRONG!! I just got a call and Jaci got alternate again, not a soloist part. She was in tears as she told me that "they did it to me again, Mom." I called the music teacher and let her know how disappointed that Jaci and I are. Of course, she had her excuses. I don't understand how a freshman can be chosen over a senior. Jaci doesn't have a loud voice and that was her excuse. It's not that she's not good. I was in tears when I got off of the phone. I agree with Jaci....."They did it to her again."

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm so, so sorry Diana. I know Jaci will be so glad to graduate. You're right, a freshman should never be chosen over a senior. Haven't they ever heard of a microphone??
Old 11-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
I'm so, so sorry Diana. I know Jaci will be so glad to graduate. You're right, a freshman should never be chosen over a senior. Haven't they ever heard of a microphone??
Exactly what I was thinking! They must use a microphone! That's just wrong, to choose a freshman over a senior! She won for Homecoming Queen, so she obviously has presence. On the videos, she is wonderful on stage.

I would be on the phone to the Superintendent! Do you want to give me the phone number? I'll tell them what to do

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Diana! It is so disappointing to be treated unfairly. I'm so sorry. That just isn't right.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:38 AM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I bet Jaci's heart was broken. Tell her to just hold her head up high and ignore that schools bad judgment. I know she will be happy to graduate.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

So sad for Jaci. Please tell her we all think she is teriffic!!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
DianaB

Jaci talked to one of the girls. The night of the try-outs Jaci left before they were over, but she asked if it was all right to go and was told yes. After the try-outs the teacher made several of the other kids try out for songs that they hadn't planned on singing. The girl Jaci talked to got alternate on the song Jaci wanted to sing and Jaci got alternate on a song she didn't even try out for. Jaci's decided that she's not going to be in the pageant this year. She's going to go but just not be in it. I'm so fed up with our school!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Won't she miss being a part of the pagent Diana? This is her senior year....I wouldn't want her to miss any of it. She could still have fun and be a part of it.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #9
DianaB

Jaci's been in the pageant since she was in 4th grade. I don't think that she'll miss it. She may change her mind though. She's really disappointed in the teacher.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #10
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Dang it, Diana! That's just not fair!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 07:29 AM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I hope this doesn't ruin Jaci's graduation for her! She deserves to enjoy every minute of it.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #12
DianaB

I don't think that it will ruin her graduation. It takes away from her pride in her school, I would guess. She'll be concentrating more on her wedding than she will graduation when they come around. They'll only be about 2 weeks apart.

I guess that Jaci is going to be in the pageant. She's an alternate for a song so she'll need to be there. It looked so funny coming out in the paper that Jaci had alternate under a freshman. I wonder if anyone else noticed that.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #13
2tiredmom

Diana,

I feel your pain and Jaci's. My youngest is a senior this year also and is so sick of the DRAMA at school. She is counting down the days till she graduates. Keep your chin up. My heart goes out to you both.