4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 12-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Mom is still pretty weak and gets tired very easy. I did take her to Wal Mart today so she could get a few gifts bought. I took our wheel chair in case she needed it, but she did pretty good leaning on the cart. It's so exhausting. I'm not really complaining, but I'm so tired. I'm sure Gayle knows how I'm feeling. When I'm use to just going to the store and doing my thing...now I'm not only doing my shopping, but Mom's and helping her read the labels, making sure she doesn't fall and then carrying everything for her. I come home and I'm just exhausted.

I'm really not complaining, I love my Mom. This just isn't how I wanted the end of her life to be. She's starting to cry more. We went to eat and she couldn't get a jelly packet open. It upset her so bad...it breaks my heart.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #17
paula1961

Awww Janet. I'm so sorry your Mom is having these problems. I know you love your Mom. It's just that it breaks your heart to see them not being able to do the things they used to. I went through this with my Dad over the summer, my Mom broke her leg and I was down there about 3 nights a week for several months to help take care of them. When we would go to the store, they were both in wheel chairs. It was really sad. Now Mom is all healed up but my Dad has congestive heart failure and has days that he doesn't have the strength to hardly walk so I understand how broken hearted this makes you. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your Mom
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:37 AM   #18
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I missed this, Janet! I am sorry your Mom is having these health problems. We know her mind is active!

It must have been upsetting when she couldn't open the jelly. She is so independent! It is very hard to watch when they suffer.

I remember when Jessie first was diagnosed with MS. I would see her limp, and my heart would be crushed each time. I know how much you love your Mom, and will keep you and her in my heart and my prayers.

Of course, she is going to Florida! She is one tough lady!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #19
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Hugs, Janet. I think that you could use one of these. You're a good daughter to your Mom!! I know that it's hard on both of you but I also see you two getting closer through all of this.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #20
DIANE W

Ahhh Janet, i understand what you are going through and feeling.

I am the main carer for my Aunt and Uncle, i am like a daughter to them and they are like Mum and Dad to me, we are that close.

Both are not in good health, but at the moment are plodding on with life, however i have to spend lots of time with them, i do all the cleaning, shopping, sort out their finances, provide everything really. It is hard hard going at times especially when you have a family and work full time. But we love them and do all that willingly - cant bear thinking of anything happening to either of them, they are 84 and 78.

So i really do appreciate what you are going through (we can get exhausted together!!!!!!). I also get so tired, on a Friday when i get home at 9.30 i am just about done for, try to watch TV but no chance - i am asleep in no time. It takes me all weekend to recover myself, then Monday comes and its happening all over again.

Oh dear - just read this back and it looks like i am moaning again - i am not honestly, i just wanted to say you are not alone, and keep smiling

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #21
Janet

We are alot closer Diana...maybe this was God's plan. Thank you for the hug...you have no idea how much I need one.

Mom has been feeling so weak for awhile now...we all thought it was the peritonitis. I took her Monday to the dialysis center where they put some more antibiotics in. She has to do this for one more week. While we were there, it was all she could do to walk. They checked her hemoglobin and it was 7.1 Some how she lost blood or she's not making it again.....just like she did last year...remember? They want her to have another colonoscopy, but she's not liking the idea. She did say she wasn't going to drink that gross stuff again and I can't say as I blame her. That stuff is sooooo nasty. I know when I had to drink it, as soon as it went down it came back up. I'll never drink it again either, so I know how she feels.

I just hope we can get this all figured out before she goes to Florida. I can't help her or keep an eye on her while she's down there.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #22
Janet

I didn't think you were moaning at all Diane....after awhile, it can really get to us. I'm sorry you're going through something so similiar.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #23
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Janet, I saw where your mom has peritonitis and low hemoglobin. She must just feel terrible. I know you are exhausted, it takes so much time and the worry is even more exhausting than the running around.

Diane, you have your hands full for sure, with a fulltime job and a big caregiver job. I understand what both of you are going through. I do my share of moaning too. Betsi is in the same boat with her husband and his health problems, so, we'll just be the moany sisters, whenever we need to be!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #24
DIANE W

Hear Hear - here's to the Moany sisters........

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #25
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIANE W View Post
Hear Hear - here's to the Moany sisters........

LOL!!! Funny! Funny!