4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Entertainment & Shopping

Old 10-23-2006, 07:11 AM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You have got to try the stores on-line....Target, Kohl's, Penny's...etc. It is so much easier that way. I either charge it or run it through PayPal. So much easier and you don't have the lines or things without price tags...just so much nicer and enjoyable too.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:27 AM   #17
SweetCuteness

Send a message via AIM to SweetCuteness
Just thought I would ask when everyone starts their Christmas shopping?
I usually don't start until a couple weeks before Christmas. I'm going to try to change that this year... it's too stressful to wait until the last minute to find something!
AND

What kind of stores do you usually go to? Small/large retail....malls...specialty? I usually go to malls or little boutiques for unique, one-of-a-kind items.

AND

Do you go to the sales the day after Thanksgiving?
I haven't yet. My dad and his wife do every year. It sounds like they have a great time! But I never want to get up at 3:30am to go shopping.
AND

How about internet shopping? Do much there?
I do a TON of internet shopping. It's so much easier - and most of the time less expensive.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #18
magnolia

Back when my boys were younger (toddler age), I bought most of their Christmas in January - that's when stores put a lot of their toys on sale at half price or lower! I also bought their birthday presents like that (one is January 10th and the other is February 10th). I don't do that anymore as they are older and have gotten really hard to buy for! I did buy one of my niece's Christmas presents back in February. And I went this past week-end and have gotten both of my sisters gifts and my other niece as well as stocking stuffers for my boys. I only have to get something for my nephew, my mom (know what I'm getting her, just have to get it), my boys, and hubby. Hubby will be easy, know what I'm getting him too, just have to get it. The boys are the hard ones to buy for!

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #19
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I have no friggen clue what to give anyone of them yet

Easiest to buy for will be my fur kids LOL
Old 10-23-2006, 01:11 PM   #20
Janet

People have gotten so picky nowadays too. Use to be able to give a well thought out gift and people appreciated it. Now it's like...."I DIDN'T HAVE THAT ON MY LIST." And I love the one....."oh that's nice...where did you find this?" You know darn well it's gonna be returned. I try really hard to find something that the person would like, but I'm tempted to just give a gift card.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #21
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I have started my Christmas shopping, I have lots of nieces and nephews, so I give the older ones gift cards to their favorite stores. The little ones I buy clothes for, I also have close friends and sister in law that I exchange with. I buy my hubby and two kids right after Thanksgiving I buy the bulk of it. It does get costly, and I elimated quite a bit.
In NJ by me I am surrounded by many stores up and down the highway, and plenty of malls. I don't shop by internet, no need to I enjoy the christmas shopping... Call me crazy!lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:31 PM   #22
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I've got 5 people bought for so far this year.
Hubbies family celebrates Thanksgiving and Christmas on Thanksgiving Day, so we have to get their gifts bought early. I really don't like malls or crowds, so do a lot of my shopping online.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:05 AM   #23
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Don't enjoy crowds. Usually start my shopping as soon as my family gives me their lists. Most items are bought online. Better prices, better selection, usually no tax (sometimes pay shipping, but no tax balances this out), no crowds, the stores never close. I can shop around for the lowest price without using any gasoline and a lot less time. I usually hit the mall for a couple of items, and to get a little more into the "Christmas Spirit".

I really like the Christmas season, the crowds, rushing to meet the deadline, and all the overdone advertising take the enjoyment out of it. It's become a stressful time for us in our society.

Why have we let this happen????
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:05 AM   #24
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Don't enjoy crowds. Usually start my shopping as soon as my family gives me their lists. Most items are bought online. Better prices, better selection, usually no tax (sometimes pay shipping, but no tax balances this out), no crowds, the stores never close. I can shop around for the lowest price without using any gasoline and a lot less time. I usually hit the mall for a couple of items, and to get a little more into the "Christmas Spirit".

I really like the Christmas season, the crowds, rushing to meet the deadline, and all the overdone advertising take the enjoyment out of it. It's become a stressful time for us in our society.

Why have we let this happen????

I'm with you on this one 100%. It's just not fun anymore. I know part of it is we're not kids anymore, but even the enjoyment of shopping for loved ones is slighted. I will continue to do more and more of my shopping online. I have found that if you wait until Dec. 12-17 there are more sales online and usually free shipping.