4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 01-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Spent The Night With Mom

I spoke with Mom on the phone yesterday and she didn't sound very well. After I got the dogs all groomed I took my shower then headed to her house. Oh my....she was sooo weak and just going to her kitchen (about 7 steps from her chair) made her out of breath. I took her BP and it was in the normal range. I had her stand up and it went down to 80 over 56. She had fallen during the day when she got out of her chair. I called the nurse then and she called the kidney doctor.

She had to quit taking one of ther BP meds and another med for an infection. This morning she was much better and sounded better too. I feel so bad for her because they talked her into doing the dialysis and said she would feel better and she doesn't feel even a little bit better.

I have to run my route then head to Lafayette to pick up some more antibiotics for her peritonitis, then to Frankfort to take it to Mom and then do my normal Monday errands.

She doesn't go to her heart Dr. until the 12th of February. I have a feeling her heart is getting worse. She's coughing quite a bit more than she did and it's not her sinuses like she says. I think it's her congestive heart failure. I'm afraid if they give her bad news...she'll just want to give up. She's so tired of not feeling good anymore.

I came home and got caught up on my sleep. I have to sleep on the couch at Mom's and she keeps it so hot in her home that I just have a hard time doing anything there.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I am so sorry she is not doing well, Janet. She really has been trying to do the right things, and it's like she's peddling uphill at this point. Maybe it will improve
after she sees the doctor.

She has you though, and you are so wonderful!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Janet, I'm so sorry she is having so many problems right now. It does sound like her congestive heart failure is causing some of the problems. She's got more than one thing going on right now, and all together, it is causing her to feel so much worse!

You did so good though, by taking her blood pressure when she stood up. That was causing her to pass out or fall. It can be really dangerous. It is so hard to keep the blood pressure regulated when the kidneys are damaged because the kidneys play a big role in blood pressure regulation. When they are sick, the blood pressure it terribly hard to control.

It's so hard when are parents are ailing. You are doing a good job!
Old 01-31-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
paula1961

Janet I'm so sorry that your mom is not doing well again.
You do such a wonderful job with her.
I am sending kind thoughts and prayers to you and your mom!!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

You DID do a good job taking her bp standing up! That was my first thought, too!! You are taking such good care of your mom...don't forget to take care of yourself as well! Hopefully she'll do ok between now and her appointment.