4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 09-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
2tiredmom

Empty Nest

Hi everyone,

I have been a stranger on here...Sorry. We are empty nesters now.
Our youngest went off to college 3 weeks ago. It's really kind of nice
but I sure do miss her. We finally got her a cell phone a week before we moved her. So we can keep in touch with her.
Hubby still hasn't found a job. Has been over 1 1/2 years. He's either to old or not qualified. Go figure. I know we are not alone. But it gets down right depressing. Hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for reading hope to be on here more.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I can't wait for my boy's to go off to college, that will be the day

I'm sure your husband will find a suitable job any time now, keep your hopes up.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
DIANE W

Hello

I am so sorry about your poor husband, i am sure things will start to pick up soon, it must be awful for you both, but try to keep positive.

I too have a daughter, she moved out a few years ago, and my husband and i were truely devastated when she left, she wanted to be independant etc. She decided to come home after a few weeks, as she realised financially the cost involved, and that she wouldnt be able to live as she had done, with going out with friends and holidays etc.

I was so happy for her to come home, to be honest i was so surprised at being so upset when she left, i didnt see that coming at all... On reflection i think deep down i knew it would be a struggle for her, and she will probably have enough struggles in her life later on - why have unnecessary ones?

She is at college now training to be a teacher, once she has a good job I will be happy for her to move out and be more independant - I think!!!!!!!!

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I hate that Gary still hasn't found a job yet Linda. I hope he's still able to draw unemployment. Not sure how long one can draw on that. Probably be a good thing if he could just take whatever comes along whether he wants it or not. I know it has to be stressful for you to be the breadwinner.

Hope Jennifer is liking school and doing well. Is Dustin near her?

I'd like to be an empty nester...only I'd like Ricky to be here and Rick gone..... LOLOL
Old 09-14-2010, 04:08 AM   #5
2tiredmom

Thanks girls... Janet, He has applied everywhere but they will not hire him because of his age and not qualified. I'm talking low paying jobs.....he hasn't even been considered for anything. Oh well. What can I say. Life sucks....lol.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:16 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm really sorry Linda. I'm trying to find something part-time and having the same problem. Sucks getting older. Hopefully something will come along when he leasts expect it.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Linda, I am so sorry things haven't worked themselves out yet for you husband. My SIL is having the same problem, and he is young. He is now willing to do maintenance at a hospital for a lot less than he originally wanted.

It is such a hard time for so many people!

When Jessie moved out, I was actually glad. She was 20, and a young woman already. We were really getting in each others' way. She was working, had her own social life, and car. Can't have two queen bees in the same hive! I missed her, but she was very close by, and we spoke on the phone a lot! It hasn't changed much since then either!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I can understand about the "empty nest". Glen and I are experiencing that right now too with Jaci married now. We're finally getting used to not having her here but are still getting used to the freedom that we have.

We've still been praying that Gary will get a job in my little Sunday School class. If I forget to add his name to out list the kids remind me!!! It's so cute!! You'll have to tell him!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:07 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Awwww! Kids are just so sweet! I'll be praying too.

My SIL went to that hospital interview, but hasn't heard yet. There were several candidates.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote