4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I've had enough of doctor's offices today!

I just have to vent! As you know Gary and I are in doctor's offices A LOT! Most of the time, everything goes well. Today though, we were in THREE offices in one day! I'll tell you what, that's toooooo many!

The receptionist in the first office was a real piece of work. She didn't smile and was very brusque. We had downloaded all the forms from the internet and had them all completed for her - EXCEPT - we didn't fill out the medication list on the forms. We never do, we bring a typed list of all his meds. That's what all of our other offices want. But NOOOOO, that was not good enough for miss sourpuss. She said that I would have to copy all his meds onto THEIR sheet. Well, I did, but not very legibly, I must admit. I took it back up to her and said, "My handwriting is not very good so I suggest you attach my neatly typed list". He takes SEVENTEEN freakin' meds! I know that was not really that big of a deal, but I do think that the receptionist at the front desk should at least be personable.

OK, the next doctor's office was great! The dermatologist - although she looked like she was about 25 - was really nice. The receptionist, the nurse, and the doctor were all chipper, helpful and nice!

THEN I went for my bone density scan. OH MY! I was the last patient of the day for the lady doing the scan. You don't EVER want to be the last patient of the day for THIS woman. They didn't send me the paperwork to fill out ahead of time, so she was mad about that. Then, I couldn't remember the brand name of the multivitamin I take. The reason that was important was so she would know how much calcium was in the vitamin. It didn't matter that I knew there was 200 mg of Calcium, nope, that was not good enough, she needed the brand name, I didn't know it and I was BAD. So, she gave a big sigh and said, "didn't they tell you to bring your bottles"? Nope. OK, now we get through the calcium and vitamin D ordeal (and I KNOW she won't have the correct dosage down on my paperwork which my doctor will look at and tell me I'm not taking the right amount of calcium - sigh - and I'll have to tell her that I am - sign again). So, next she said, "Do you have on an underwire bra"? I laugh and say, "I don't even own an underwire bra." So, she said, "come on into the scan room and lay on the table". Now, they did tell me not to wear any metal, so I have on pull up knit pants and a knit shirt. After the underwire bra question I say, "I do have metal hooks on the back of my bra" and she says, "Well you better unhook it if you don't want it to interfere with the scan and have to do it over again". I'm thinking, "Well, why didn't you tell me to take off my bra, you crazy woman!!!"

Then after the scan is done, and my tits are hanging down, she says, "you can go now" and I say, "uhhhhh, is there someplace I can put my bra back on?" and she gives me another big old sigh, and says, "over there in the bathroom"

Let me tell you all - I was ready to be DONE with rude medical people today!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm sending you a really big hug Gayle!

Some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Wow....what a Saint you are Gayle....I would have done called them on their behavior. What a bunch of a$$holes. Do they think we WANT to be there? Glad you got through it without having to serve life in prison.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Well, I'm laughing at you We have days like that a lot!! We were at a lab today for 1 simple blood draw and a chest xray for 2 HOURS!! It makes me crazy that your whole day has to be rearranged for one simple appointment And then when you get hateful people that treat you like you're stupid...it's just TOO much!!

Last edited by Blueyes; 09-27-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Blueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
Well, I'm laughing at you We have days like that a lot!! We were at a lab today for 1 simple blood draw and a chest xray for 2 HOURS!! It makes me crazy that your whole day has to be rearranged for one simple appointment And then when you get hateful people that treat you like you're stupid...it's just TOO much!!

Two hours for blood and xray is wayyyyy tooooo looooong. That's just unacceptable!

The other thing I hate is playing phone tag. We have a couple of doctor's offices where you have to leave a message with your number for them to call you back to get an appointment, for pete's sake. I just don't think that is right. When I call for an appointment, I want to talk to a live person on the phone and I want to make the appointment right THEN. Since all Gary's appointments have to correspond with my schedule, they have to call me back, and many times, I can't answer the phone when they call (I'm in class or meetings). Do they really think all we do is sit around and wait for them to call????? I think if doc offices would hire enough people to actually answer the phones, life would be easier for us and them. I just hate waiting for the nurse to call us back when Gary is sick or having a problem. They tell you to just "go to the ER" if they don't answer you quickly enough. Yeah right, just what I need a $10,000 ER visit.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Besides that, a person could die sitting in the ER!!!!!

I feel your pain, Gayle! These boys are just so lucky to have us
Old 09-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I hate office visits

Big cyber hug going your way.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Oh, Gayle, I do feel for you!!! We've had good experiences lately and the lady who did my bone density not long ago is a good friend from high school.

So glad we are here for you to vent to.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It sounds like you could use a really BIG hug, Gayle You were very patient with these women and deserve a medal as well!!! I try to remember that people have lives outside of where they work and you never know what they have to deal with at home but that really shouldn't be an excuse to be rude at work.

Betsi, I think that you deserve the same!!!

I'm so sorry that you two have to deal with so many health issues with your husbands.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote