4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 12-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Mona K

Medical assistant ?

Hello, I am very interested to become medical assistant..can anyone tell me how can i become medical assistant ? Is is require any degree and how much is the job opportunity ?

I know the salary is quite good i.e above 30K per year for medical assistants..

Have a nice day
Old 12-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes, there are training schools for medical assistants - they are usually found at the technical training schools. You might be able to get on the job training, but most medical establishments will want you to have some school training first.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Please don't waste your time in technical schools. I was a medical assistance for a short period of time and you learned everything on site training. I felt so sorry for those girls that went to school and paid tons of money (since it's a private school) and came out with a job that's just a little over minimum wage. Experience will get you more money on the long run but if your fresh out of school you will get paid the lowest they offer.
I recomend a radiology program that's only two years and will make a decent amount of money. Other wise just browse to see who will offer to train you. Good luck in whatever decision you make.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote