4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 04-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

New diet

I am starting a new diet as soon as the food comes. It is called Medifast. To tell you the truth, I don't think it's at all healthy, but it is a quick weight loss diet. I don't believe in these at all, but desperate situations call for drastic measures! I am back at the highest weight I have ever been. I was at this weight years ago when I joined Weight Watchers.

Weight Watchers doesn't work for me anymore. I gained weight on it last time! My metabolism has changed, so I want to lose about 15, 17 pounds fast, and then take it from there.

This diet is called a 5 plus 1 plan. They send a box of food - enough for 5 meals/day. I have to buy dinners, which have to be "lean and green," meaning a protein and veggies. The food sounds awful, and definitely not what I would call a meal, but I hope it works fast.

The meals are shakes, bars, scrambled eggs, soups, pancakes, and I don't remember what else. You have to have one thing about every 2 to 3 hours. I have been trying to begin on my own with so little food so I get used to it. I don't like it at all. I am hungry a lot! The food also is not supposed to taste great, but you get used to it. I got some hints already on their forum.

The "life coach" I ordered from was so upbeat about it. They have nurses, doctors, etc. on staff so you can call in with any questions or problems. There is an online forum, blah, blah, blah. It sounds like a fake cult to me! Bad food, quick weight loss, then transition, then maintenance. This is a whole lifestyle, but I don't believe it is healthy. Oh, and there are books which I did not buy.

On the other hand, the whole month's worth of food is less than $300! I spend more in the supermarket. I have to buy dinners.

I think I can return it if I don't like the food.

So, wish me luck, and I'll let you know how it goes.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I wish you luck......you know that.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sounds interesting! I wish you luck!!! Keep us posted on how you're doing!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Eating every 2 to 3 hours is a very good idea. I use to do that.

I suggest you go and buy veggies and fruit to snack on. Have slice apples with peanut butter made. Make a veggie tray and place it in your refrigerator so when you open it you just grab a baby carrot or grape tomato. Yummy.
Have ready made tuna, instead of mayo use lemon juice add tomatoes, cucumber or any veggies.
My point is to have healthy snacks ready made in your refrigerator. If your hungry and there's nothing to eat you are going to try and eat the fastest thing you can make and it probably not healthy. Another good idea is to make banana pancakes. Make enough so you can freeze them and in the morning just put them in your toaster.

Good luck with this diet your trying!!

(Ahem no carbonated drinks)
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
Eating every 2 to 3 hours is a very good idea. I use to do that.

I suggest you go and buy veggies and fruit to snack on. Have slice apples with peanut butter made. Make a veggie tray and place it in your refrigerator so when you open it you just grab a baby carrot or grape tomato. Yummy.
Have ready made tuna, instead of mayo use lemon juice add tomatoes, cucumber or any veggies.
My point is to have healthy snacks ready made in your refrigerator. If your hungry and there's nothing to eat you are going to try and eat the fastest thing you can make and it probably not healthy. Another good idea is to make banana pancakes. Make enough so you can freeze them and in the morning just put them in your toaster.

Good luck with this diet your trying!!

(Ahem no carbonated drinks)

Thanks Jess! I can use these for when I begin the maintenance diet. Right now I have to eat only what they sent me. I think I'm going to start on Wednesday.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
paula1961

Good luck Judy! I have gained weight too. Right now I need to lose about 15 lbs too. It's so hard to lose! I don't exercise much either Hope this works for you.

Hey Jessica...how about a recipe for the banana pancakes. That sounds good!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula1961 View Post
Good luck Judy! I have gained weight too. Right now I need to lose about 15 lbs too. It's so hard to lose! I don't exercise much either Hope this works for you.

Hey Jessica...how about a recipe for the banana pancakes. That sounds good!
I pretty much just add smooch bananas and cinnamon to the original recipe. I eat mine like cookies after I toast them. I got the idea somewhere but I can't remember where
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote