4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Entertainment & Shopping

Old 04-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Been On Any Shopping Trips Lately?

Don't know what's got into me, but I'm wanting to shop...lol. I usually don't like to shop that much, but lately....I've had this urge. First off I need to get some new walking shoes...I've been walking some when the weather is nice. Second....I want a new special purse to have room for my IPad AND I want a sturdier cover for it so it won't get scratched or bumped. I really like this one... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personaliz...r-Red/16225559 and this one http://www.walmart.com/ip/iLuv-JWIN-...leeve/14235637 Big difference in price, but I like them both...lol.

Oh I could shop for some other things too, but it takes money...darn it!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Those cases are cute!! I like both of them.

I've been wanting to shop but holding off because of the trip. We are going to be cutting it close if our motorcycles don't sell before we leave.

My parents brought me back a beautiful red leather purse from Mexico (when my uncle saw it, he said "THAT's a purse??? I thought it was a suitcase" ), so that takes care of my purse needs I also bought a new one a few months ago to take to Europe with us. It's not too big and not too small, but it will hold a water bottle and some money

I am going to buy a new, GOOD pair of walking shoes in the next month. I also have a gift certificate for a clothing store (from Christmas) so I may go buy a new pair of jeans (it's the only store around that makes jeans long enough for my legs!) and maybe find some nice skirts or shorts and shirts that won't wrinkle badly in my luggage.

I just love to shop and hate having to cut back on it lol!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Those ipad cases are nice. I bought one on Amazon. It's a little padded, and holds the ipad tightly. I liked one that had the elastic like the one you like in red, but I wasn't sure how stable it would be. My case is for the ipad 2, but it closes fine.
AmazonAmazon

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
Janet

That one is nice Judy. Right now I have the one that hooks on by magnets, I'm sure you've seen them, but I want one that will protect it more.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I carry my iPad in my purse - not all the time. Here is the purse I use - I've used it forever (I have had several in different colors) becasue I have a shoulder problem and can't carry a purse over my shoulder, so I need one I can carry like a backpack. This one is a little pricey, but the iPad fits perfectly inside!

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDkQ8gIwAQ#
Old 04-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Janet

That is really cute Gayle. Do you have a cover or anything for your IPad or do you just put it in there? I'm really in the mood to shop for a big type purse....not sure why....just been seeing some I like and kind of want one. I'm such a nut case....I'm cracking myself up...lol
Old 04-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Haha go for it Janet! I love my big purses People can make fun of it all they want, but when they need sunglasses, mittens, a bottle of Tylenol, a pen, lotion, phone charger, granola bars, mints, gum, camera.... they know they can ask me and I'll have it

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I went shopping last Saturday with some women from church. It was fun and a different kind of trip than I usually do. I went into Dress Barn and found several things that I really liked so I bought them. They were for church and I can always use nice clothes for church.

I also bought an outfit for Dean and a dress for Karlie......I bought Dean's for Easter and Karlie's just to wear sometime to church but I think that Dae Lynn's decided to use it for Easter as well. I have to quit shopping for these kids.......it's about to break me!!!! But I sure do love it!!!!!

As for your covers.....I liked the pink one the best!!! The other one was nice too but I like pink sooooo much better!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
That is really cute Gayle. Do you have a cover or anything for your IPad or do you just put it in there?

Yes, I always keep my iPad in this case. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC...co=MTY3ODQ5OTY
Old 04-16-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That's a nice bag Gayle!

Janet, do you have an ipad 2? There are some really nice covers at the Apple Store, but I'm not sure they enclose the whole ipad. Gayle's cover is really the best because it's secure and protects the ipad nicely. I just didn't want to spend the money!

Mine folds so that I can lean the ipad in an upright position, but, it's only the "landscape" way. I would prefer to be able to stand it up the portrait way.

Go with pretty! Life is short!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:20 AM   #11
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Yes, I always keep my iPad in this case. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC...co=MTY3ODQ5OTY
I really like that Gayle....don't want anything happening to this new 'toy'...lol.

Yes Judy....I bought the IPad 2.....I love it!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #12
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I am really ready to do some shopping. I've not been in the shopping mood for a few months now, but for some reason, I'm ready. My girlfriends and I are going to go antique/thrift store shopping in a couple of weeks. Maybe that will satisfy my shopping craving.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:30 AM   #13
Janet

That's sounds wonderful Gayle. I love going shopping at those kinds of stores. I did end buying a cover very similar to yours only I bought it at WalMart..same price. I'm still wanting that big bag for summer...just haven't had time to shop yet.