4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 07-01-2011, 03:51 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
My Brother Jerry in Hospital!

My older brother Jerry is in the hospital. When they were at my house the other night I made the comment to my SIL that it looked like he had lost weight but she said he hadn't. Well, he had....10 lbs and it was noticeable. He felt sick when he left but thought it was because he ate his supper too fast to come visit Mom

Jerry has problems with kidney stones. He has two in the left kidney they think he can pass but the one in the right kidney is 9mm and they know he can't pass that one. They are suppose to do something called a lyth...something. I'm sure Gayle will know what I'm trying to say. They are going to do that sometime this morning? The drs. Don't really want to do surgery because Jerry has had two or three heart attacks and has eleven stents. Plus the bad news is he quit taking all his Meds just because he was tired of taking them and said they took away all his energy.

I'm worried and anxiously waiting for news.

I have an appt. with a neurologist today so I'll be going early to visit my brother and hopefully after. Boy...when it rains it pours doesn't it? Please keep him in your prayers.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It sure does pour Janet! I will be praying for Jerry, and for your news at the neurologist that your pain can be easily controlled.

One minute at a time! Some days you just feel like you fell right into the rabbit hole.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I'm sorry to hear that. I think you were looking for the word lithotripsy (I might have it spell wrong).

I've witness EHL and ESWL and those are pretty simple procedures.
They take about an hour or so and the urologist just has to be patient. Some require a second visit.

I will be sending positive energy for a speedy recovery.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
Janet

Okay....they wouldn't do the Lyth thing....said he wasn't a viable candidate for that procedure, but they didn't say why and no one asked. Now they are waiting on a cardiologist to see if they can do surgery, but it doesn't look good . They are very upset that he quit taking his heart and diabeties Meds. Jerry did say that if they let him out for any reason, he won't go back. I don't understandtand him
Old 07-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Does he take after Mom, as far as being stubborn? I hope they can do something for him, and that they do not let him out!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
Janet

Oh Judy....people have no idea what stubbornness is in my family....they don't give an inch. Tomorrow my younger brother will break his last record, it will be 12 days since he has seen or spoke with Mom...such an a$$. All because I told him he needed to let me know when he was coming to visit.

The Drs. decided to treat Jerry as an out-patient and try to dissolve the stones. Great.....now he'll never go back. The way things are going I'll lose him before Mom. They may let him out of the hospital tomorrow afternoon.

Judy....someday we really need to get together....lol
Old 07-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Oh Janet......I'm so sorry to hear all of this........you have so much on your plate right now. You've been in my prayers!! Your brother's health problems are nobody's fault but his own.......and so are the consequenses......Unfortunately. You just do not stop heart medicines or diabetes medicines. I'm so sorry that this is all so stressful on you and wish that there was some way I could help.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
Janet

You're so right Diana...no ones fault but his own. He is being released this afternoon and is suppose to go back on Tuesday for surgery.....we'll see. He did tell his wife that he would go.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #9
DianaB

That's good.....maybe this is a wake up call and he'll change his ways. It's not fun taking medicine and all that goes with getting older but I would also hate to miss out on all the things that go on with my family!!! Maybe he'll do it for his family.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
Janet

I'm not sure if he would or not. I guess on Tuesday...he goes for a stress test. I guess they want more info on if his heart can take the surgery. Then if he passes that...then they will schedule the surgery. From what my niece said...he is definitely going to do all this. Guess he doesn't want that big rock going through his yoohoo....LOL. Smart man!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #11
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I'm not sure if he would or not. I guess on Tuesday...he goes for a stress test. I guess they want more info on if his heart can take the surgery. Then if he passes that...then they will schedule the surgery. From what my niece said...he is definitely going to do all this. Guess he doesn't want that big rock going through his yoohoo....LOL. Smart man!

Lol, that is so funny. I hope this teaches him something.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:35 AM   #12
Janet

Jerry still hasn't had the stress test yet....can you believe it? He goes on the 18th to have that done. So far he's doing okay with the stones in there. If they start coming out, the Dr said they would just have to to emergency surgery. Hopefully that won't happen.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #13
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

The schedule they set up sounds a little crazy. They are sending him for tests to see if he withstand surgery, but they are scheduling them for so long from now, that he may need emergency surgery????

Duh!!!

If he is smart He'll take his yoohoo to another doctor. Thank goodness he has a wife to worry over him.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #14
DianaB

Well......hopefully he won't have any problems. He should have insisted that his appointment be made sooner or to be called if there's a cancelation. Men!!!!!!!!!!!!