4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 08-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Abigail

My granddaughter Abigail had her first (almost) date last night . Her mom called me just about in a panic, but she said she was trying very hard to remain calm. The date was with a boy who is her age (15) , so he doesn't drive and his mom drove them to the movies, picked them up and took them out to dinner (didn't stay though) and then drove Abi home. He asked Abi if he could pick her up, rather than have Brooke drop her off at the movies, because he thought he should meet her parents!!! What 15 year old boy says that . Anyway, my daughter said he was dreamy , and Abi said they had fun. Abi's dad asked her if this was her boyfriend and Abi said, "no", so dad was relieved. LOL!

It's just so hard to think that she is getting so grown up.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

OMG!!! How exciting! She had a good time, which is really nice for a beginning to dating. I love that his mom drove them around, and that he wanted to meet her parents!

On the other hand, OMG! She is growing up! My heartbeat sped up as I read this. I cannot imagine your's and your daughter's feelings about Abigail going into this phase of her life!

I am sending you a grandma hug!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
What an exciting time I her life and for those who love her. Glad she had fun for her first date.....of many more to come......get ready.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
Tiramisu

Oh, how sweet.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
Janet

I really need to proof read better when I use my IPad...lol.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Abi made the freshman A team. She has really worked hard this summer. She went to SWAT (strength, weight, agility training) from 6AM to 9AM, 4 days a week for almost 2 months. Then she went to volleyball training camp 8 hours a day for 4 days and 4 hours on the 5th day. Finally tryouts were from 6AM to 1PM yesterday and today. At 6:00 PM this evening she found out she made the A team. She is very excited! And she has a scrimmage Friday evening and a game Saturday this weekend and we will be down there to see her play. YAY!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #7
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Wow to Miss Abi. Going on her first date and getting picked for the A team this must be her best summer yet.

Well I'm for one glad she went on a date with a young gentleman. She is proving herself smart already.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Wow! Abbi is on a roll!

Congrats to her making the A Volleyball Team!!! She worked so hard, and congratulations to her for knowing the value of that!

She is an amazing young woman!!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I don't know what to say about the date because I have granddaughters that are the same age.......and I'm not looking forward to them starting to date!!! LOL Personally I wish that they still thought that boys had cooties!!!! I don't think that any of the girls have gone on a real date yet. I'm just not ready for this stage of growning up but I do know that it's coming whether I'm ready or not!!!

I'm glad that Abby had a great time!!!! It certainly sounds like the little boy was a sweetie......Wow....what manners!!!!

Congratulations to Abby for making the A team!!! That's quite an accomplishment!!! If I know her Grandma she'll try to make it for as many games as she can!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
Janet

Your Abbi sounds like a real go getter. She's gonna be a very successful young lady if she doesn't lose her drive. I can tell in your writing Gayle how proud of her you are.