4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 10-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Unhappy I Have A Few Issues

I'm having a few issues with pain and not quite sure what to think.

I still have the rash under both arms (right below and right above armpits). It's not quite as bad, but still there. Some of the rash has little white-heads. It doesn't itch or anything, just looks bad.

You all are going to think I'm nuts, but I have more....3 more issues.

Remember when my neck and arm were hurting and I did therapy? I did all my sessions and the therapy seemed to work. Hasn't hurt for quite some time until recently. The only time it hurts now, is when I'm driving the bus or my van. It hurts so bad in my shoulder and if I happen to cough, it hurts the right side of my neck. It really doesn't hurt any other time so far. Bouncing round in the bus is when it hurts the most. This is the worst pain.

Next....on my left arm in between my elbow and the crease where I bend my arm, there is an ache. It's very hard for me to pick anything up especially to do something like pour milk. To me, from looking online, it sounds alot like tennis elbow...lol

And last...when I happen to sit in the recliner with my legs up, my left legs had a radiating pain just to the left and down a tiny bit from my knee. It just throbs.

Now....doesn't it sound like I'm an old lady????....lolol. I am planning on going to the doctor, but trying to wait a bit. So many around here are sick with this and that so I would rather the Dr.'s office get cleared out a little bit. I sure don't want to get sick on top of all this.

I've just never had this kind of aches and pains before and I'm not liking it AT ALL!!!! I have been wanting to write this for a little while now, but felt like it made me sound like one of those hypocondriack. (I know that's not how you spell that...lol...but my mouse is broke and I'm just not that good at using the pad on my laptop to change screens to a dictionary.

Do you think there is hope for me or should I just stay in bed till I'm better?? LOLOL
Old 10-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Tiramisu

Oh Janet, I can only relate to the neck issues. Mine comes and goes like that and Ive learned that it's stress and overuse related.

Want me to send you a hooky note for the week off?
Old 10-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I'm not surprised you are having all these things pop up here after everything you went through with your mom. Our bodies are really good at getting us through the tough times, and then when things settle down, the body says, "OK, now I can let go of all my aches and pains".

Your neck pain is probably going to bother you from time to time, like Sandy said. But it would be best to get it checked out.

Yes, that does sound like tennis elbow, but it is usually caused by overuse of some sort.

I don't have a clue about the leg pain - so maybe good to get it checked out.

I know you hate having aches and pains, but it is a part of growing older, I'm afraid. We need to pay attention to our body as we age, taking care of it will pay off in the long run!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Yup, I was going to say stress. I'm having those symptoms too so your not alone. Mine is normally neck and back.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

If you have inflamation showing up in those areas then I recommend taking some ibuphrophen for a few days. That's what I do when I have something that starts hurting. Getting rid of inflamation helps things to heal better. Sorry that you're having all of these issues!!! Sounds like you're due for a nice relaxing trip to Kansas!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #6
Janet

I don't have any inflamation that I can tell. I just think it's the onryness coming out of me....lol. I've been so wrapped up in my own grief that I just haven't had time to be onry so it's over-flowing...lol.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm all for going to the doctor if something is bothering you. Then if the doctor tells you if it is stress or getting older, at least you will know that it's not something that you need medicine for. I hope you feel better, Janet!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
Janet

Thanks Betsi...right now....the only thing really hurting is my right arm and shoulder. Must be getting better...lol. I'm beginning to feel the stress of Saturday's auction and I was so worried about Jerry today, but he made it through the surgery fine. They are keeping him over night for observatin and then hopefully he'll be home tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm so glad it went well for Jerry. Maybe you will get a peaceful night's sleep, and wake up feeling great tomorrow!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #10
DianaB

I'm glad to hear that Jerry's surgery went well!!! That's great news!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

What a relief! I hope Jerry has a fast recovery, and stays healthy.

I also think your aches and pains are from stress, but the leg sounds like it might be sciatica. I have neck and upper back problem for years, and when I'm stressed, it really gets worse.

Diana is right about the ibuprofen. How do you know what's inflamed way down inside you, Miss Smartypants!

So, when are you going to check these things out so you don't have to worry about them anymore?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
Janet

Roflmbo!!!! Judy...you are such a hoot....love ya girl!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #13
DianaB

I always figure that if something hurts that it's inflamed or starting to get that way.

Judy, you crack me up!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #14
Janet

I honestly don't know when I'll check it out Judy. I'm one of those that puts going to the Dr. especially in this case because he'll just refer me to someone else....such a hassle. I'll probably see about it when I can't stand it no longer.

My left arm really hasn't been aching much unless I pick something up like a gallon of milk. Doesn't hurt during normal everyday activities. My right arm still has the tingling in it really bad. I can tell it just has to be a nerve. I mostly bothers me when I drive the bus or sit at a table. Like now...I'm in a recliner and it doesn't bother me at all. So strange....oh well...that's me....according to my son...lol.