4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Have to say....I'm really loving this kitty. Wish I could bring her in, but don't need another animal in the house. She's just so sweet!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #17
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Unless you have them de-clawed they're not good house pets. The one we had scratched on the corners of the couches and the speakers on the tv. If we would have kept her longer I would have had her de-clawed. So bringing her in might not be the best idea.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #18
Janet

I know they can be quite destructive, plus that spraying thing they do. I won't have one in the house, but she's just so loving. She has done a complete turn around since she first showed up. I think she is staying warm enough and for the next few days it will be 58 degrees. We just make sure she has plenty of water and food and even warm some of the food up.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #19
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

An outdoor cat is great for keeping the mice population under control - but - she might do fine indoors. We had cats growing up that were indoor/outdoor cats. We didn't keep a litter box indoors and I don't ever remember the cats "going" indoors on the floors. They always slept indoors at night and were in and out during the day. It might be a pain to let her in/out though, idk.

Usually when a cat has been outdoors, it doesn't like to be indoors all the time. And believe it or not, some cats do not scratch the furniture or curtains - especially if they get to go outdoors and hunt and wander. Our indoor/outdoor cats never scratched the furniture. So, if you are inclined, you might try her indoors a little bit. It might work out. But then again, it sounds like you have a really good set up the way things are!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:34 AM   #20
Janet

I'm sure she'll remain an outside cat. It's like a zoo in here now. She is a hoot though. Has given us lots of enjoyment.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #21
Janet

Tomorrow Ricky (no matter how he's feeling) and are taking Brenna to the vet for her annual vaccines and taking the kitty in for hers. This is a first for me....I've never taken a cat to the vet. Ricky is paying for the cat. Gonna be a trick getting her there...lol. I think I'm going to try one of the dog harnesses in case she gets lose in the office. It's going to be an adventure for sure.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #22
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Janet you are so a wonderful person taking that cat to the vet. You really are getting attached to her.

I remember having a mix bobcat once and I don't ever remember him scratching any of my furniture. All thought back then I didn't have much. He did his business outside and everything.

I don't know if he wonder out or if he was stolen but that was my only inside cat I ever had. I got him when people were just giving away kittens
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #23
Janet

Surprisingly to me...the kitty did great at the vet. She even let Ricky put a harness on her and put her in a carrier. Blew me away....LOLOL. The whole time we are at the vet the staff kept watching how she (the cat) would keep her eye on Ricky. So funny. She really is attached to him. She would walk away from him for a minute and then hurry back to him. Anyway...she's vaccinated now except for her booster in a month. Then we'll see about getting her spayed asap. She's approx. 9 months old and weights a little over 6 lbs. Vet said she looked very healthy and well fed, good coat and teeth. The kitty is also called something like Tortiss shell????? I need to look it up...need to find out exactly what and how to spell it. LOL Oh....and she really is a SHE!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #24
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Tortoise shell kitties have such a pretty coat! They are my favorite, and I'm not a big fan of cats, either! My friend Jan has a cat, and she never scratches in her house. I guess it just depends on the cat. It was that cat's lucky day when she found you and Ricky!
Old 12-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #25
Janet

Aww thank you Betsi. She sure is entertaining.