4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 11-28-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Interior design

There is a school of thought that your homes decor should center arond one single color in every room with different accent colors in the different rooms. Such as a blue/taupe living room, blue/green kitchen... using this idea. what color would you build around?

What style of interior design most appeals to you?

Do you like metals in a room? Do you prefer brass or silver?

Do you like wood or glass shelves better?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
Brooke

I don't like the idea of using one color through out the whole house... So i wouldn't.

I like wood, As far as sinks knobs and door knobs I like the old fashoined porciline white.

I like country, or sea scape style...i also LOVE log cabin look, and south western...my home is in country style though.

Brooke
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Marilyn

Our home decor is Tuscan/Country Italian. Lots of wood, oil rubbed bronze and glass. Nothing in my home is white. The interior doors and some of the trim is painted an off white/light cream.

Personally, I don't like the metallic, modern decor. It just looks cold to me. I have found from living in several new custom homes of varying styles from American Country, Southwest to French Country, that earth tones, natural colors, woods and stone are where I feel the most comfortable, the most at home.

Attached are some pictures of our home's interior. It was in a Parade of Homes and that is when these pictures were taken, so if you see signs in some o[f the pics, that's the reason. The furniture is ours.

1532 resized.jpg1516 resized.jpg1522 resized.jpg1519 resized.jpg
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
Marilyn

By the way, we are selling our current home, even though we love it. Have been here for 3 years and it's time to build again. This is life with a custom home builder. Our children have lived in 7 different homes in 21 years all in the same town. They say it has taught them that it's the people inside the home that matter, not the brick and lumber.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

There is a school of thought that your homes decor should center arond one single color in every room with different accent colors in the different rooms. Such as a blue/taupe living room, blue/green kitchen... using this idea. what color would you build around?

We built a new house in 1999 and I used taupe as my base color and then I've added different colors with it in each room. Kitchen & dining room pink, cream, and taupe.....bathroom #1 blue, pink, taupe.....bathroom #2 green, blue, taupe.....living room barn red, green, taupe.

What style of interior design most appeals to you?

I love using antiques through out my home. I like the shabby chic and country looks too. I mostly decorate with what ever I love. It's very interesting!!

Do you like metals in a room? Do you prefer brass or silver?

I prefer the shiny brass but only as accents.

Do you like wood or glass shelves better?

In our home we used oak shelving. With the antique look that I love glass shelves just wouldn't go.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote