4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 05-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #16
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

If you have an aggressive dog it's your duty to train them

I have a friend who has huskies and they are so gentle. I let mine in the backyard but I won't dare let mine loose in the front yard. They love freedom and strolling in the streets.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I honestly don't know if I've ever been around an agressive dogs...at least I don't remember if I had. Not sure what I would do, but would think I would be angry if they were not under control.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm torn both ways on aggressive dogs. We have large dogs here in the country....in fact we have a really large airdale and they can be wonderful family dogs but they are also very protective. We've never had any problems with Mollee but we had one years ago that wouldn't let people out of their cars. We didn't realize that he did that but we knew that he had a mean bark. He also grabbed a man's pant leg when he came over and worked on his motorcycle and took a ride.....with Buster hanging onto his jeans......again we weren't home. We never knew what happened to Buster because he just disappeared one time when we were gone. Of course we never had people "just walking by" here in the country. I think that if Mollee were ever put in a possition of protecting one of us we'd see a different side of her from what we usually see. That's the reason we got her......our neightbor had a mountain lion sitting in his yard one day and Jaci had to walk a quarter mile up to the house when she got off of the school bus. Mollee was Jaci's companion!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #19
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I think a dog that would hurt 2 friendly small dogs is not being protective. But, maybe he is....who knows? I just know that nobody is going to be happy with this. Most people here have at least one dog, and an aggressive dog is not going to be appreciated when everyone takes their dogs for walks!

A couple of days ago, I heard very loud howling. We have coyotes down the hill, but I have never heard them close by. My friend behind me has, so I went out to check. It was the huskie, howling away. He stopped after a while. I guess he was left home alone??????

I wouldn't complain about that, but I'm sure that people will once they start coming up for summer vacations. Surprisingly, Max didn't bark!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #20
DianaB

I can see where an agressive dog wouldn't be appreciated with everyone else having most likely smaller dogs. The howling, I'm sure, will cause problems with people wanting to come there and relax. Surely the problem will be taken care of soon but others who don't appreciate the dog.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #21
Janet

How's little Sophie getting along with Annie now? I really love her little face and think.....I would love to have another...but then mine start barking and I'm like....aint no way....LOLOL
Old 05-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #22
DianaB

I miss having a tiny yorkie puppy!!! That's the only reason I would want another one!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #23
Janet

I know....but then they get older! Babies, no matter what kind are so cute!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #24
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

She is so cute! Such a puppy! Jumps around, chews on things, but her favorite thing is to play with Annie. They spend the morning fighting. Then they nap, then they go out on the deck, eat, and then it's crazy time. If she can get Max and Annie to chase her around the house, she is in heaven! Every so often, I save her for a while. Max likes me to put him up on the chair, so he doesn't have to play with her. He has a bad knee, and is way too fat! Maybe he is just too sophisticated too! Annie gets saved by me putting her on my lap, but she seems to want to go down after a few minutes. They sleep together on my head now.

I am very happy with her! She isn't growling as much either.

I went to disposable pee pads for now. It is so much easier than doing laundry every day, and much more sanitary.

Yesterday, I heard squeaking upstairs. I ran up, and there was little Sophie, playing with Max's old "piggy" toy. She found that I have them in the den, and just marched her little self up there, got in, and played! She is a feisty baby!

Old 05-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #25
DianaB

Sophie sounds so adorable!!! I can tell that you are enjoying her so much!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #26
paula1961

Oh my gosh Judy! Little Sophie is just adorable! And of course so is Annie! So sorry to read about Max having to have surgery. Glad he is doing well now tho.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #27
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks Paula!