4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 07-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

New car

Hi everyone,
I think I told you (but not sure, my brain still is not functioning very well) that I was going to sell all our vehicles/etc. and get a hybrid car since I will be running back and forth to Houston a lot in the coming years. I decided I wanted a Prius V Wagon (five series). It is bigger than the Prius car and has a lot more interior cargo space. I went to look at them and decided on the options I wanted. Here is a website that should show some pics of the car. http://www.toyota.com/priusv/photo-gallery.html

I also decided I wanted a red one and discovered they are really hard to find. I didn't know it but you can search new car inventory online now, so I had been doing that only to discover there were very few red ones in Texas. I knew that the dealership could get it from anywhere, but I kinda wanted to actually see a red one in person before buying it.

I was looking online last Thursday evening when a red one popped up at a dealership only 5 minutes from where Brooke and Bryan live. So I called them and they went over to look at it. They both really liked it too, so I put a deposit on it and drove down to Houston on Friday. I really liked it too, so I just bought it. We drove it 100 miles in Houston and then I drove it 200 miles home and I got 45.5 mpg, so I am a happy camper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Prius V.jpg (62.8 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by gja1000; 07-15-2012 at 05:02 AM.
gja1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
very nice Gayle.....i am so glad that you got the color that you wanted to. This will be much better for you traveling back and forth.
WooHoo Gayles got a new ride LOL
Old 07-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Great choice! That's a good looking vehicle, and what great mileage!! I'm glad you found what you wanted. You can just run to Houston any time you want, and feel safe in your new car. The money you save in gas can be spent on your girls, lol
Old 07-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

That is so cute. I am starting to travel alot so I need something like that. You did good Gayle.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
DIANE W

Gayle... i am not sure if i have mentioned but i have a Toyota Auris Hybrid, i have had mine from new and i bought it last October. It takes some getting used to, well it did for me as i have never driven an automatic car before, now i never would go back.

I just love love love it and the mpg i get is just brilliant, i am getting 58 average on my clock, so am very happy with that. It is a challenge to keep your mpg up, and there are little things you can do to raise them, like when going down hill, keep foot off accelerator completely, also do this whenever you can - your mpgs will go up as you get used to the car.

Your car looks lovely, i do like it in red too, me i chose to have the white, with tinted windows, and i got top spec T-Spirit model, with a few extras added on, mats and silver door scuff trims etc. Do you have the reversing camera in your rear view mirror? I love that.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hi Diane! I'm glad you love your Auris. I had to look it up, we don't have that model in the states. I really like it! The white was my second choice if I hadn't been able to find the red. The dealership told me about driving to save fuel, I've been practicing. Is yours keyless? I have to have the key fob (that unlocks the car) inside the car, but you push a button to start the car.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Dustin and Joy's car has a keyless fob. Very cool!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You did good Gayle!! It really is a beautiful car! I can just see you driving around with a nice smile on your face...lol I so happy for you.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Nice car!!! I love the color!!! I know that you'll enjoy the gas mileage!! I so wish that I got better gas mileage but Glen really likes the size and 4-wheel drive on ours. How exciting that it worked out for you to get all that you wanted on it!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Very cool Gayle! I love the red, and the mpg!!! What a smart thing that you got this car.

Drive it safely, and may it take you to many wonderful places!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #11
DIANE W

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
Hi Diane! I'm glad you love your Auris. I had to look it up, we don't have that model in the states. I really like it! The white was my second choice if I hadn't been able to find the red. The dealership told me about driving to save fuel, I've been practicing. Is yours keyless? I have to have the key fob (that unlocks the car) inside the car, but you push a button to start the car.
Gayle.... yes my car has a start button and is keyless.... i have to keep on remembering to make sure i have the fob in my bag, then as you approach the car you can open it just by touching the handle, i never use the fob, just the button on the handle or boot to lock car.

The Auris is only a small ish car, but mostly there is only myself in the car, and when we go away at weekend there is still plenty of room for our belongings, and inside it is decievingly roomy.
I think your going to get to love it.... they are so good to drive, it is a pleasure now.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:53 AM   #12
2tiredmom

Cute car Gayle. Great gas mileage. Glad you are enjoying it. All of our vehicles are 2000 or older. Like not having a car payment but gas mileage bites. Maybe
when our youngest gets done with college we can think about buying a newer vehicle. That's not for another 2 to 3 years. lol So broke with college loan payments.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks Linda. Since I'm alone now, I wanted a new car for the reliability. I was lucky that Gary had two cars and lots of other toys that I had to sell which gave me enough money to buy my car without having a payment.