4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 12-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Prayers please

A few days ago I got the news that a man from my hometown, a good friend of my brother's, committed suicide. It all seems to be over his not-quite-ex wife, who had a new boyfriend, had taken his son and was trying to get more and more money from him. He sent a text to his roommate/friend and his parents and siblings before he shot himself, saying she took everything. His roommate got there 7 minutes later, but it was too late. He is in bad shape now too, from what he found.

He was three years older than me, and I didn't really know him except for when I was about 18 and he had shown some interest in me, but I had none in him... and now this. He was the youngest son of one of my favourite teachers. He played hockey with my brother in minor hockey and senior hockey. My brother is pretty shocked about it too.

His wife immediately deleted her facebook, packed up, and left town.

My heart is aching for my old teacher and her whole family. Please keep them in your prayers. For a town of 500 people, this kind of thing affects the whole community. I think everyone is still in shock.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Such a sad thing to happen. Life can get so overwhelming, in good ways and bad. I always hate to hear of something like that happening, but understand how it can happen. Sometimes it's just too much. I'll say a prayer for his family.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

How awful! That poor young man must have felt so desperate. My prayers for you and everyone who has been touched by this tragedy.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I completely understand. I come from a town of 350. When something like this happens it is so devastating for the whole town. I'm so sorry, Lindsey.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Positive thoughts and prayer for the whole town.

Suicide is so common now. Life sometimes brings you hardships and some don't think they can handle them.

R I P
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #6
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Prayer to you and all of the family. Suicide is so hard to deal with, we are still dealing with the loss of my girls father who commited suicide last April. So many un answerd question and emotions that everyone goes through. Sorry Lindsey.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Suicide is so hard to deal with. My Dad tried to commit suicide when my Mom left him. My brother found him just in time......a little longer we learned and it would have been too late.

There are always so many questions when this happens and there's no one to answer them. It never makes sense. In a small town you really feel these things so much. We have lost a young teacher from the high school and everyone's having a hard time with that. She had an earache that turned into mennigitis. Within a few days she was gone. My three oldest granddaughters had her as a teacher.

So sad. I'll be praying.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote