4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Dry Feet

I have the driest feet for some reason, so tonight I'm sleeping with Vaseline on my feet and footies. I cant stand to have anything on my feet while I sleep, so I imagine sometime during the night they'll be off. My skin is extremely dry, but my feet more so. Never had it this bad before. I was using baby oil after my shower, but tonight I switched to lotion. Guess ill just have to see which works best.

Anyone else having problems with dry skin this winter? What works for you?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Both Jessie and I have such dry feet that they crack and bleed! My father had it too.

I file off the dry skin. I think the Vaseline will work, but it might be uncomfortable because it's thick. Any moisturizer with white cotton socks will do the trick if the Vaseline is annoying.

I also hate anything on my feet at night, so I don't use anything. I Krazy Glue the cracks closed if they are in a place that hurts. My doctor laughed and said it can't hurt me. I am not advising this method though!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Shada

I use Corn Husker Lotion when my feet get a little dry. Rub some on my feet then put socks on. This stuff has been around forever.
Works for me.... and the price is right.. cheap stuff!! I swear by it!!
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Use mentholatum or Vicks on your feet. Wrap them in Saran Wrap then put socks on over them. You don't have to sleep that way, just leave it on when you are on the computer or watching tv. Be careful if you walk, it's really slippery!!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I have trouble in the summer with dry feet with cracking and bleeding if it gets too bad. I take baths and soak my feet then I scrub them really hard to get off all the dead skin. If I keep up with this then I don't have as much trouble. I don't usually have trouble in the winter because I wear my shoes more (I think that going barefooted in the summer dries them out).

I would think that any good lotion would work. Just make sure that you scrub off any dry skin. Good luck!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

The corn husk idea just reminded me 5hat there is some kind of cream that everyone up here swears by. It's a strange name, 2which I forgot, of course. I'll try to find out what it is.

Betsi, are you home? Happy New Year!

Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
Janet

Betsi....I have never heard of putting Vick's or mentholatum on feet... I did put the vaseline on my feet last night and wore footies to bed. I do not like that at all. Need bare feet to sleep, but boy were my feet nice and soft this morning. Now that it's afternoon and I haven't been wearing shoes or socks, they are drying out again. So, guess I'll put some lotion on them and put on some footies, heck...I don't know what to do...LOLOL Who'd a thought I'd start having dry skin now? But it's okay...it has to be something.

I do remember that Corn Huskers stuff, so I may try that. What I remember of it is that it really works great, so I'll just have to get some.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Happy New Year to all!

I do have extremely dry feet and I am lazy at night to put cream on and socks. Going to try some of your ideas.. thanks!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I have used Vaseline with plastic bags (the fruit/veggie ones at the store) and then cover with socks.

I also heard of soaking your feet in warm water with orange peels and lemon peels. Never tried it thought.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #10
Janet

Since I'm so forgetful when I go to the store, I've been putting lotion on my feet every night and they are so much better. I put on just a little bit on one foot and then a little on the other. By the time I rub it in I'm ready for the next foot and then put on a generous amount. It's really helping alot. I was starting to get worried because my feet were starting to crack and the ball of my feet were beginning to get sore. So glad it's working.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That's great! Problem solved!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #12
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm glad that your feet are better. As I said.....I usually have this problem in the summer and it is painful.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #13
2tiredmom

Janet, I have had problems with my feet this year too. It's because of the drought. lol
just kidding. Since I sell Avon. I use their foot works lotion. It works well for me.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #14
Janet

I've been using vasoline or lotion on my feet everyday and they are so much better. When they start to get really dry I will put a lot of vasoline on them and wear some footies to bed and other times I will use lotion. They almost got to the point of cracking on the ball of my foot, but thanks to all the advice here, it never actually cracked.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #15
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

That's great! I need to work on mine.