4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 02-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Would Appreciate Prayers For Joey

My precious Joey went in for his annual vaccinations and a dental today. I knew they would have to pull a couple of the eight teeth he had left, but now he has no teeth. His teeth were all loose and his gums were full of infection and I didn't realize it. There was no bad smell or anything.

One tooth was infected so bad it entered his nasal passage. He did great through the whole procedure. They sent him home with pain meds and antibiotics.

Would appreciate some prayers for him, that the infection will go away and his gums will heal quickly. He means everything to me....I love him sooo much. Thank you.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh poor little Joey! I know he is so special to you. My Rowdy's teeth tend to be bad too, so I understand your concern. I'm sure he'll do really well with you taking care of him!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I will be sending him tons of positive thoughts and energy his way. My boy also had an infection and they had to put him to sleep to remove 8 teeth as well.

His a little trooper
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
Janet

Thank you Gayle and Jess. I feel so bad for neglecting his teeth, I didn't realize they were so bad. The others look good and none are loose. I just didn't have the extra money like I did when I was breeding. All the money from the sale if the babies went back into the adults. The total cost for Joey was $740. I'm thankful I had a bit of my inheritance left. I would have charged it, so it didn't matter. The thought of losing him made me sick to my stomach all day. He seems to be better this morning. I fed him just a bit last night and he kept it down. This morning I fed him half of what I normally do and he kept that down and had a normal BM. I know that since he is so small (3.5 lbs) that his lifespan won't be as long. Joey is 9 years old and it will be an awful time for me when he passes. Thank you ladies for the prayers.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Poor Joey! Their teeth can get bad so fast, before we ever realize anything is wrong. I bet he heals quickly, and will probably feel like a pup again!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, don't beat yourself up about his teeth. If all the other dog's teeth are OK, then Joey is just predisposed to bad teeth/gums. It's not your fault. You've had a rough year and if you didn't take him in, then it's only because you had too much going on.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
Janet

Thank Gayle, that's really good to hear. He's doing really well this evening. I think he'll be just fine.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry I missed this. I know that we talked on the phone about Joey. How is he doing now? I know you worry a lot about him. Hugs!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
Janet

Joey is doing really good, I'm so glad. Poor thing now has his tongue hanging out a lot of the time with no teeth to hold it in. I love him so much!...he's my baby.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I bet he looks really cute with his tongue sticking out. Glad his out of the
woods now.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
Janet

You really can't tell (other than the tongue sneaking out) that he had anything done. I've been watching him extra close and he is back to his old self. Loves playing fetch just as always. He's such a cute little booger.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #12
Shada

Happy to know Joey is bouncing back so quickly.
My mom had a yorkie years ago that had no teeth.... it was sad to see that little tongue hanging out like it did, but it in no way slowed her down. She adapted well also.. these little ones are amazing!
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote