4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 02-08-2014, 05:00 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Trying Again

I'm trying to lose weight AGAIN..lol. This time I'm trying something a bit different. Gonna be more aware of what I eat and I'm already exercising so I've decided to try this supplement called Pure Garcinia Cambogia. I've done a months worth of research and can't really find anything negative. It's been working quite well for some people I know, so I thought I'd try it.

I'm weighing more than I ever have and I'm not liking it one bit. I think if I got rid of one thing (person) it would help alot, because I'm an emotional eater at times...lol.

I started it this morning so I hope it helps.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good luck, Janet. I'm a firm believer in whatever works! Lol!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
Janet

I don't really like the idea of taking a supplement to lose weight, but I need something to help me get a jump start and to help curb my appetite. If there is a pizza sitting on my table, I could eat the whole thing, just because it tastes good. Feel pretty crappy afterwards, but then it's too late. I've done pretty good today so we'll see if it helps any.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:37 AM   #4
Shada

Good luck Janet... I am right beside you!!! I am trying myself...
I am so with you on pizza. So I rarely get one. Can't stop eating it!!!! So many things I love that I hardly cook anymore... portion control is the only diet that works for me and if I like the food then all bets are off!
But I just bought a bag of chicken tenders. When I eat those cooked on George Foreman and NO potatoes, with a veggie the weight does come off. So I see a lot of chicken in my future. For lunch small serving of soup.

Good luck to us both Janet!!!
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It's really hard! The thing I've learned in the last year is that eating lots of fresh vegetables and some fruits, really curbs my junk food cravings. I eat complex carbs but avoid simple carbs. If I get plenty of micronutrients via vegetables and fruits, I don't crave junk and I can resist pizza, yes that's my weakness too! I've lost 20 lbs in the last year. I gained back 3 lbs over thanksgiving Christmas, from eating too many simple carbs and then letting my cravings get out of hand. I've managed to lose the 3 lbs and am surely looking forward to the coming spring where I can get more fresh vegetables. I used to snack on chips and other salty junk food, but now I can snack on fruit or make baked kale chips and I'm completely satisfied. It's a much healthier way of eating, for sure!
Old 02-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
Janet

I never was one to really snack. I just eat so much at a meal. Also if I'm busy, I grab junk and eat it fast so I can finish whatever job I was doing. I love veggies, but not much in the fruits. Don't like any kind of berries so it really limits me some. I was raised on meat and potatoes and all starch and carbs...so it's been a struggle my whole adult life. I'm hoping this will help curb my appetite and I'm really trying to watch what I eat. If I know it's not the greatest food, but I'm wanting it...I'll take a couple of bites and savor it and that has helped get the craving to stop.

I've also been using my ab lounger and yesterday...lol...I bought a hula hoop. Oh my goodness, I use to run one of those from my neck to my toes and back up again....now....can't even get it to stay around my waste...lolol. But it sure burns calories trying. Once I get the hang of it again...I'll post a video. Don't look for it too soon..lol
Old 02-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #7
Shada

Guess what Janet??
I have a hula hoop too!!! And can't get it to work!!! LOL..... Bought it a few years ago and it is in my living room waiting patiently for me to relearn it... and I do try every now and again.. one of these day I will be whipping that thing around like I did 50 years ago!!!

Got a yummy recipe for you that I made tonight for a treat for my co-workers tomorrow.... and its good for you!!

Pumpkin Muffins
1 cake mix (chocolate or spice)
1 sm. can solid pack pumpkin
Mix well ~ will be thick
Using ice creme scoop, fill (12) muffin liners
Bake @ 350 degrees for approx. 18-22 minutes

If you use chocolate cake mix, muffins will taste like chocolate muffins
If you use spice cake mix, muffins will taste like pumpkin muffins.

Two ingredients. Thats it. Promise you will love and make them again...
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #8
Janet

Still trying to get the hula hoop. It was sooo easy when I was a kid. Even been watching instructional videos and they aren't helping. I really want to do the hula hoop again...lol

Just thought of something......I've never seen an actual obese person do the hula hoop....maybe that's my problem.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:42 AM   #9
Janet

UPDATE....lolol

Okay..still working on the hula hoop. If I don't get it soon I'm sure it will become the 'damn hula hoop'...lol Not giving up quite yet.

So far the supplements are not doing a thing for me so they have a money back guarantee and I'm sending them back. I'm planning on starting back to Weight Watchers. It works, I know it works and it makes me accountable when I weigh in every week. Last time I lost over 50 lbs but had to quit because the spouse got laid off and I couldn't justify the expense at the time. Well, now I have my own money so I'm planning on going back on Thursday.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #10
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I need to get on my diet better than I have been. I'm still working on my diabetes and I'm getting tired of always checking my numbers. It's not out of control.....just not as low as I would like for it to be. I've been working with the doctor and the meds just aren't doing much so I'm probably headed to insulin. I need to lose some weight too. I know that would help.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #11
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Way to go Janet! I lost 35 lbs on Weight Watchers a few years ago. It does work! I was pretty sick for a couple of weeks (last week in Jan/first week in Feb) and I had no appetite, so I reverted to my comfort foods - potato soup with toast and pancakes with peanut butter and syrup. Dang it is hard to get off them when you get that comfort taste!!! LOL! I'm doing pretty well and able to get back to walking now almost every day so that helps. But it's a struggle everyday!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #12
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Weight Watchers is great! I have found that if I can stay off carbs and sugar, I can do ok. It's a hard week getting off of them, but the craving go away once you do.