4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 12-08-2006, 06:33 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Doggone mess!

I spent a good part of today cleaning my house. My son helped and between us, we had the living room carpet shampooed and looking pretty good!

So tonight I ran to town and was gone no more than 15 minutes... I came home to find Moses had dragged out the trash can from the kitchen and had himself a feast on the newly cleaned carpet! He must go ape when he's left alone... I can't believe the huge mess he managed to make in that short time.

I cleaned it up, yelled at him till his ears lay flat and he had shrunk several inches, and I'm STILL mad! Dang, he's so big he can get into anything... tall enough to stand up and pull nearly anything he wants off the countertops, and has learned how to bounce against doors to open them.

From now on when I leave he's going in his crate regardless of how much he screams and carries on while in it!

I just HAD to vent and get this off my chest. I adore the little s***, but his puppy behavior can drive me over the edge at times!
Old 12-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
Brooke

How big is he??? What kind of dog????

I don't think I will ever go bad to a big dog after having chewy my yorkie...But i love Labs so ya never know...

They can try us pretty bad sometimes!!! I don't blame ou for being mad!!!

Brooke
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:08 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Dang, he's so big he can get into anything... tall enough to stand up and pull nearly anything he wants off the countertops....
WOW he must be big!! Our Golden Retriever, Penny is big like that too.

I would have thrown a fit if I had done all that work and then come home to a mess again. Sometimes it can be so darn frustrating....but we sure love them to pieces don't we?????
Old 12-09-2006, 06:14 AM   #4
Tink

Brooke, Moses is a long legged standard poodle. He's so tall I can already scratch his head without having to bend over and he's only 5 months old! He's such a cutie, is wonderful with my grandkids, and is great to snuggle up with. He just happens to be a puppy yet and had lived his first 4 months in an outdoor kennel, so came to me with NO training at all. He's going to be a BIG dog. He "just" fits in a medium crate, so I got him an extra large one which is plenty big right now, but I still try not to put him in it any more often than I have to. I figure with his early lack of human companionship, he's entitled to all he can get now.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:17 AM   #5
Janet

Please post a picture of Moses!!! Would love to see him standing next to you! He must be huge, my Penny is not quite that big I don't think.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:28 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It never fails that after you put that much work into something that it's going to get messed up!! After I shampoo the carpet someone either spills something or walks in with muddy shoes!! But when it's your dog.......hmmmmm...........maybe you should stick with smaller dogs. They can't reach the trash!!!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #7
Janet

Usually when the boys go to scout camp for the weekend or for a week they leave on Friday evening. Right after they leave, I start cleaning from top to bottom and then enjoy a nice clean house all weekend or all week.

Then they come home with all their dirty, muddy laundry and all the other stuff they took and my house looks like it was hit by a tornado!. Sometimes I wonder why I bother to clean at all.....LOLOL I know why....I'd go nuts!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #8
Tink

Endless Mess

I came home to another garbage mess tonight. I haven't even picked it up yet.
My kids left and neglected to put Moses in his crate, so he had a free-for-all.

I seriously wish I could just kick the whole darn works out right now and live by myself. Of course I'd want them to take their mess with them! I am simply out of patience with it all. It's taking every bit of restraint I have not to just start shoveling stuff out the door and lock them out. On top of garbage, they'd cooked and left what they didn't eat out on the cupboard, so now I have tomato soup dried on to the front of my range, the floor, and everywhere else the splatter reached. There's a loaf of bread tore up on the kitchen floor, a frozen pizza wrapper ripped up in the living room, etc... It's just SO frustrating!