4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 12-18-2006, 07:14 AM   #16
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
My husband was never a romantic, still isn't. We're more like roommates now. I just don't know how to explain him. It takes the romance out of life when he doesn't do any day to day help around the house. He will do whatever I ask, but I ALWAYS have to ask. We've just grown so far apart, but come together when there is a cause. I hold so much resentment now that romance never even enters my mind and as far as I know....his either.

I wish I would have found that one true love....maybe someday...I'm not dead yet!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #17
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
My husband wouldn't know romance if it landed in his lap.

Janet, I know what you meant by wanting to find that "one true love" but I also know love alone can't hold a relationship together if there are too many obstacles regardless how much romance is involved. I've been there and can tell you there's no pain like having to walk away from that. I really can't go into details, but it was impossible for us to stay together and heartbreaking for us to part. I'd rather not love like that. I doubt I'll ever recover and knowing he's still single at 52 yrs of age tells me I'm not the only one broken by it. After having loved like that it's impossible to ever find another that measures up.

In my mind, true romance requires total vulnerability on both sides. I think it's just hard for many to leave themselves that wide open to another person.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #18
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Romance, hummmmm. I'm not particularly romantic. I try to be sometimes, but it just does not come as natural to me. Hy hubby is more romantic than I am. He's always picking on me and trying to embarass me and our daughters by saying romantic things to me in front of them. He's a mess, but a dear, loveable one.

I don't have any suggestions to add here, just some thoughts, that as women, we want romance, but we are usually busy with all the details of life. We are often the ones doing the planning and coordinating around our homes, and it's hard to fit romance into our schedules. We're often still up busy doing things while our hubby's are relaxing and feeling romantic.

This is probably not anything new to our age. Situations were probably the same hundreds of years ago. Ever heard the old adage, "Man may work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done." ?
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #19
vt73

My husband is not romantic at all. He has only told me that he loves me without me asking him like 3 or 4 times or maybe less than that. Sometimes I feel like he takes me for granted, but there are some other times that without a word he is telling me how much he loves me.
I am romantic in a way, cause I don't like flowers or candles, or chocolates or love songs or romantic movies, but I do like to tell you how much I love you and kiss you and touch you and hug you and all that.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:43 PM   #20
Fairydust125

Well I just asked my boyfriend if HE thinks I'm romantic and he paused and said he thinks I like romantic things done to me LOL and that is soooo true, I thought I was romantic but really I like when guys surprise me with romantic things. I return the favor by doing something they like which is usually not a romantic thing but can be if you see it in a diff way like cooking for him, cleaning for him or giving him a massage.