4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 02-25-2007, 04:43 AM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Finding places to apply at

I did an online application this morning for a human resources assistant position at a local factory. They're the 3rd largest furniture manufacturer in the country, so it's a major deal in our rural area. The position I applied for is 2nd shift, only 20 hrs a week, but offers medical insurance. I'd LIKE 2nd shift and part time!

I got an application in the mail that I am filling out for a economic intake officer with local social services. It's full time days, with fantastic benefits, and percs. It involves taking applications and doing data entry to submit applications for energy assistance, food stamps, and other forms of public aide.

Both jobs are within 5 minutes of my home. I don't know that either is my "dream job" but I figure they're worth considering if the opportunity is offered.

I feel relieved that I will be done with my current job in 2 weeks, but the idea of not having a job at all brings with it some anxiety. I'm so used to working that while it sounds wonderful not to have to, It's hard for me to accept that it's ok NOT to. Am I completely insane?
Old 02-25-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You are not insane! I think some of us feel that we need to help carry the load, even though we work full time at keeping our home. It's great for those that can stay at home, but it would be a little rough for us. But driving a bus works out just great, not the most prestigious, but I'm not trying to impress anyone...LOL

I really miss having something a little more mind challenging, though.

I'm glad you have some hot prospects. Just be sure you make a list of questions for them, they'll have them for you. If it's not exactly what you want...then I would pass. You definitely don't want to end up in a postition just like what you are leaving.

I'm wishing you all the best in the world, Tink!!
Old 02-25-2007, 05:40 AM   #3
Marilyn

Yes, best wishes, Tink. Sorry I've been AOL for a while. I've been concentrating on spring cleaning. The weather has warmed up nicely here, really beautiful spring like days, and I really needed to focus on my work, cleaning, and family for a while, so had to take a break from the computer except for E-Bay.

I've been dropping in and keeping up, just no time to post. Not much going on here except your job hunt and the snow.

Wishing you the very best in finding a new job. I know what you mean about feeling guilty if you didn't work. I know I would feel the same way. Most of us have worked sooo long, and if hubby keeps working and we stop, we feel we're not doing our part.

Best to all, gotta go teach Bible class.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #4
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Tink I agree with Janet, take your time and make sure you find a job that you would enjoy . Once you start working it is hard to take off and look for another. Don't worry something good will come along .
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #5
Tink

Got an interview appointment!

I got called to interview for the HP position I told about. I told them I'm working at the bank again next week, so they set it up for Tuesday the 13th. I have no real idea what the job consists of, but figure it's worth going in and finding out.

I really like that it's 2nd shift, part time and offers medical insurance. Those are PLUSES in my book.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #6
rivermom

That is excellent that in such a short time you are getting replies...I wish you the best in your career ventures!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
Gina

tink thats wonderful good luck to you.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
Tink

I've also been invited to call when I can come in for an interview with Express Personnel, which is a temp service. They have several openings, so might have something that would fit me. There's another temp service called Manpower that is advertising a couple of positions nearby, so I think I'll pay them a visit.

I appreciate all the support and advice from you ladies. It's great to have such a positive force backing me. I really do like you all.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #9
Marilyn

Wish you well on your interviews!!!! It's always exciting to try something new. Let us know how things go!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote