4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 03-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #16
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

OH, Tink!!!! I am so, so happy for you!!!!!! YeaHHHHHHHH!!!!

What an exciting opportunity. You will do so well at this, and we can say we know an actual editor. How awesome!!!!!!

Will keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and get some incredible news next week.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #17
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
OMG girl you did it!!!! I'm so glad you ask us for encouragement to follow through on your dreams. I'm so happy for you!!! Now see what alittle faith & alot of pushing from your 4wt pals can do? Keep us updated. We are all for you & keeping our fingers crossed
Old 03-24-2007, 05:35 AM   #18
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I seriously would not have had the nerve to apply for this job had you all not been so supportive and challenged me.

Marilyn asking me:
Quote:
What do you have to lose??
really pushed me into at least giving it a try. So simple and to the point... Marilyn, it meant more than I can tell you.

I seriously didn't think I had any chance at it and expected they'd read my resume, have a laugh and toss it in the trash. Now that I've had an interview that went so well, I feel so much more hopeful that even if I don't get hired this time I think it will be easier to apply for other things that might come along just because my self-esteem is renewed.

My last 2 jobs have been hell on my self-esteeem. I disliked them so much that I had started to wonder what was wrong with ME that I couldn't settle in and adjust. They were both respectable jobs with good benefits, fair pay, etc and I know others who really would have loved to have had either of them. I really wondered if I would get excited about a job again, or if my attitude was so bad that I was doomed to being an old crab.

So thanks. I really needed this regardless of how it ends with this particular job.
Given the chance, I'd obviously jump at the job. If not, I'll keep watching for something that brings out this kind of excitement in me. It's good to know I can still feel it! I just need to be more selective in what I try for.

Thank you all for helping me to feel this again. HUGS

Last edited by Tink; 03-24-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:47 AM   #19
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
I seriously would not have had the nerve to apply for this job had you all not been so supportive and challenged me.

Marilyn asking me:

really pushed me into at least giving it a try. So simple and to the point... Marilyn, it meant more than I can tell you.

I seriously didn't think I had any chance at it and expected they'd read my resume, have a laugh and toss it in the trash. Now that I've had an interview that went so well, I feel so much more hopeful that even if I don't get hired this time I think it will be easier to apply for other things that might come along just because my self-esteem is renewed.

My last 2 jobs have been hell on my self-esteeem. I disliked them so much that I had started to wonder what was wrong with ME that I couldn't settle in and adjust. They were both respectable jobs with good benefits, fair pay, etc and I know others who really would have loved to have had either of them. I really wondered if I would get excited about a job again, or if my attitude was so bad that I was doomed to being an old crab.

So thanks. I really needed this regardless of how it ends with this particular job.
Given the chance, I'd obviously jump at the job. If not, I'll keep watching for something that brings out this kind of excitement in me. It's good to know I can still feel it! I just need to be more selective in what I try for.

Tink, that's so good to hear! You are awesome and I'm glad you feel excited again and that you have a renewed since of self-worth! Anytime you need encouragement, we are here for you. Still praying that you get this job!! *fingers crossed*
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:06 AM   #20
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink

Marilyn asking me:

Awwww that's so good to hear Tink, but I believe that is part of the reason we are all here. We all need someone to lift us up, cry with, yell to, & laugh with. I think 4WT is a great place for all that. I'm so glad going through this has helped to renew your self-image. It's a great feeling & such a sweet person as you deserves it. Still we can't wait to have an editor here
Old 03-26-2007, 04:19 AM   #21
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Seeeeeee Tink, I believe in the motto nothing ventured, nothing gained. Now you have to think positive, I am sure you will get it..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:12 AM   #22
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Seeeeeee Tink, I believe in the motto nothing ventured, nothing gained. Now you have to think positive, I am sure you will get it..
I second that. Well said Gina
Old 03-26-2007, 06:46 AM   #23
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I think I am just about as excited as you are Tink. When will they let you know if you have the position? I have always called back after a couple of days...I don't know if this is still acceptable or not, but it showed them I wasn't one to sit around waiting on someone else. It also showed that I really wanted the job.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:31 AM   #24
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Janet, thanks for thinking of me. I'm on pins and needles here.

I sent a thank you note to both of the men who interviewed me. I told them that I appreciated them taking time to meet with me and that it was truly the first time I'd had fun at an interview. I said that I got the impression they'd both be good to work with and left the interview more excited than ever about the position.

I also sent them 3 clips of things I've written to give them an idea of my style and ability.

I know that Monday and Tuesday are their busiest days, because the paper goes to print on Tues. So while I'd love a call right this moment, I'm trying to remind myself that they have other things to handle and I'm just going to have to be patient.

I appreciate all the prayers and good vibes you're all sending. I need all the help I can get, as I want this job very badly.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #25
cindy0721

Send a message via Yahoo to cindy0721
wow! that is my dream job.. I am currently going to school for journalism! How exciting for you~~~ let us know how it turns out!