4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Ask a Man!

Old 03-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Gift Giving for Men

I think one of the hardest things in marriage, is when the time comes to buy a gift! Men are just SO hard to buy for! My husband loves computers, but he also enjoys shopping for his computer parts so I can't really do that. I don't like to do gift cards because I feel they are too impersonal and that it doesn't mean as much. He could care less about the clothes he wears, as long as they are comfortable. He pirates any software or games that he wants (I know, that's bad! lol). He isn't in to sports and doesn't really collect anything (other than all of the junk computers he likes to hoard). It's just so hard to buy for him and it becomes quite stressful for me around special days. I always want to find the "perfect" gift, so I spend HOURS in the store and online trying to find something amazing...and I rarely feel that I succeed. (Except for the time I got him a PDA.)

Any suggestions???
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
A Man
Just a Man

You could ask him what he wants, then get it for him. If he likes a certain meal you make, or has a favorite restaurant, you could make it or take him to that. Perhaps he likes going to a sporting event or likes to go fishing. Offer to go with him as his birthday gift. If he likes lingerie, you could buy something for yourself and surprise him with it.

Not all gifts have to be material things, sometimes a nice evening out or a special meal can work. It's much better to get a gift that's wanted and usable. There's nothing wrong with asking. If he loves you for you, any gift should make him happy.
A Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Thank you so much, Mr. Man!! Your response was very helpful and I hope others are able to use your ideas as well. Thanks again!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote