4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 05-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
cindy0721

Send a message via Yahoo to cindy0721
Stupid Banks!!!

ARGH!!! I transfered money yesterday morning from one acct to another and I did not have anything else pending,.... so I knew I would be fine ... I checked yesterday after 3:30pm and again at 5:30pm to double check I was still ok... I get on this morning and I am overdrafted plus negative $32 !!! WTH...... I called my banker and asked her how is it that it never showed me negative , it just automatically charged me a overdraft fee? She went on to explain about different clearing houses and what not.. what gets me is that they tell you at the bank that anything after 3:30 pm doesn't post til the next day but yet this posted after! Stupid bank!~
Old 05-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

They make a lot of money on interest that way... UGH they do my head in! Everything on the internet is high speed, except banking!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Passionfruition

Girl I know that's frustrating. It's crazy how they can charge you more money for not having any money. Do they think money grows on trees? (Apparently.) I am sure we've all been there, though. My hubby set our bank account to overdraft to my credit card now, so we don't get those horendous charges (as often). We try to be careful but it's crazy how expenses add up so quickly.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss
Passionfruition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Very often, I've been able to talk my way out of these stupid charges. Maybe you can call back and insist that they remove it, tell them what a good customer you are, and go on and on. They can credit your account. I do this with the APR on my credit cards and if I happen to pay a bill late, I usually can get the charge removed. It's funny, because each time, they say this is the one and only time they can do it.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote