4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 05-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #16
Passionfruition

I think marriage is just "like that" sometimes. Communication is HARD! Even for me and my husband, and we're both super talkative and love talking.....and when we got married we were like, ah, this will be a breeze for us. LOL......wrong!

But the cool thing about marriage is how you can forgive and bounce back, and be even stronger than before.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss
Passionfruition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #17
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Thats so sweet Toodles, im glad things are looking up for you. Keep it exciting, and alive! Every marriage has ups & downs.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #18
Daisynkodimom

Toodles (I Like the Screen name Mandee ) I am so glad you and DH got it all worked out. You all Comunicate and that is Very important in a marriage. I think we had this convo before
I will Be married for 14 years to my hubby (Jim) this coming October. We have had some hard times but the good time really do stick out better. I Live by three main rule in marriage.

1. Love
2. trust
3. comunication

As long as they are present in a marriage Everyone is Happy
Old 05-02-2007, 08:05 AM   #19
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
LMAO!!!! Now Janet, you just gave me a great idea! I am going to tape my husband snoring! In the morning i ask him which forest he took down lastnight, and hes like "i wasnt snoring" He doesnt always snore, but when he does the walls start shaking, hopefully they wont cave in LOL

I have videotaped my hubby sleeping and snoring just to show him it looks and sounds bad....LOL
Old 05-02-2007, 08:57 AM   #20
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I have videotaped my hubby sleeping and snoring just to show him it looks and sounds bad....LOL
LMFAO!!! What did he say when he watched the video?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #21
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Oh my! How funny!!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #22
Janet

I've done it more than once, he just says..."real funny!" LOLOL
Old 05-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #23
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Does it help at all? At least with him understanding how annoying it would be to you?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #24
Mandy

Quote:
LMAO!!! Thats the kind of reaction we expect from guys huh
Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #25
Janet

No Angie, it doesn't help. As long as it doesn't affect him...he'll never change.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM   #26
Passionfruition

Quote:
No Angie, it doesn't help. As long as it doesn't affect him...he'll never change.
Bummer! Well you should play the videotape of his snoring back to him at night - full volume! LOL, lol, j/k.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss
Passionfruition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #27
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Toodles I am glad that you made up and things are going smoothly, You will be married one year May 7th, well you two are still in the love mode stage and getting to know you.. I will be married 25 yrs on May 23, and Janet.. what stage am I in..lol

You crack me up girlfriend, I love the part you mentioned about how you want him to sleep on couch, like Mandy said I cracked up when I read that.. Girls what can I say my husband sucks in communication, he is a quiet person and I am the opposite so most times I feel like I am speaking to myself.. lol they say opposites attract I don't think that is true, you should both be on the same planet...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #28
Taurus Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles
we both stayed very busy at work today. I had to go handle a crisis with my company and he was meeting with subs all day. So we stayed busy. He did send me a msg asking if I could have lunch with him. I just smiled when I got that. But unfortunately, I was 1.5 hours away from him and couldn't get back any time soon. So I asked for a rain check and he said OK. so...we will make it up tomorrow. The rest of the day was kinda quiet but when I got home, I saw he was online and asked when he would be home and what he would like for dinner. This made his day because he is the one that usually cooks in the house. I told him I intended on going to the grocery store and would be picking up a few things for dinner and asked what he preferred..chicken or beef. So...he was excited to get home to a cooked meal

He got home and I could tell he still had a headache. he had indicated earlier that he didn't feel good. So he went and laid down in the bedroom. I went in and laid with him, kissed his forehead and asked if I could get him anything. He said he just got all he needed

so we laid there for a minute until i had to get up to check on dinner. Well, after dinner, we laid back down and just talked about nothing. it was very nice. i laid my head on his chest and suddenly we were back to when we were dating. We both commented on how nice it was.

so we realized at that moment, that one of the things we are lacking most is affection. We work very closely together with our companies involved with each other so our relationship has turned very "business-like". We realized tonight that we really need to put the passion back into our marriage. even if all it means is that we lay on the couch together and make jokes. Holding hands while walking through the grocery store.

When we first got married, we used to have this game we would play. We had each day of the week put on a slip of paper. We put them all into a bowl. Each week, we would both draw a day out of the bowl. We would keep it secret. Well,. whatever day we drew, we did something special for the other person on that day. it was so fun. it got kinda hard after a while cuz we ran out of ideas we would start repeating ourselves over and over again. But it was fun. it was exciting. We need to do stuff like that again.

Our 1 year anniversary is May 7. I am hoping that on that day, we can look at each other and say that this is only a second in time for us compared to the long life we have ahead of us. I think we just need to do things to keep it alive.

look at the sticky note that he left on my computer a few months ago...

Let's make sure that before today is over we take one step closer to being stronger together until we last forever.
Love
-JIM-

yeah, he is a doll.
I'm SO glad things are looking up. The pain in your heart when things aren't going well just sucks! Glad things are better!!! What a sweet note!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #29
Janet

Glad everything is better toodles!! When it's (relationship or anything) worth something to you, it's worth working it out no matter what.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:06 AM   #30
highlans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
Janet at least your husband tells you things. My husband tells everyone else and THEN when I say that I haven't heard about it, he lets me know that he DID tell me. I listen to everything he says and I know when he told me something and when he did NOT tell me something!!

Ha I have one like that he makes me so mad
highlans is offline   Reply With Quote