4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 09-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #16
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Also, the permanent cosmetics fade. So, you don't have to worry about how it's going to look when you're 80.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:21 AM   #17
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Also, the permanent cosmetics fade. So, you don't have to worry about how it's going to look when you're 80.

Oh I didn't know that. When I hear permanent, I think permanent..LOL

Don't think I would like seeing it on a 80 or 90 year old. My mother wears too much make-up for her age (83) and I've tried to help her, but to no avail. If it doesn't embarrass her, then it shouldn't embarrass me, I guess.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:22 AM   #18
ice queen

does the electrolysis only work on dark hair? i hate shaving my legs and bikini area all the time but i have blonde hair on my legs and it's really fine but the other area- well i'm a redhead so that ought to tell you...i don't know if i could lay there with my patootie hanging out for them to put a needle into each pore...is there another way to do it???
Old 09-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #19
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice queen
does the electrolysis only work on dark hair? i hate shaving my legs and bikini area all the time but i have blonde hair on my legs and it's really fine but the other area- well i'm a redhead so that ought to tell you...i don't know if i could lay there with my patootie hanging out for them to put a needle into each pore...is there another way to do it???
Actually electrolysis works best on blonde hair. It works on both, but sometimes with the darker hairs you will have some regrowth. My eyebrows grew back one or two times, but after the 2nd time stopped growing back. The hair on my upper lip is blonde, and it never grew back. AND, when you get your bikini line done, you wear your underwear. They just do the sides and will go in as far as you would like then to, but they don't do it until it's bald. If it is the least bit uncomfortable, you can get this inexpensive cream at the drugstore (forgot the name of it, but your electrolysis can tell you) that you put on the area that you are having worked on, and it numbs it. I did this for my upperlip and I didn't feel a thing.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:03 AM   #20
Amber_lv

your hair goes through 7 stages of growth so you usually have to get it done a few times to completely stop the growth but it is effective on all types of hair but it does take longer on thicker coarse hair
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #21
KellyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber_lv
Also my mom does permanent cosmetics to the permanent eye liner and i agree i wouldn't get it done personally but my mom has it done she said it didn't hurt and she loves it i guess it all depends on your pain management the put a topical solution to help numb the area.
I had my eyeliner done a few weeks ago. I'm loving it! I should start a new thread on it....
Old 09-13-2006, 11:42 AM   #22
ginab

i use epilady, pull the hair right out and for a long time tooo..

i use it on my arms...my hair comes in so thin now,. yay
ginab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:34 AM   #23
ice queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginab
i use epilady, pull the hair right out and for a long time tooo..

i use it on my arms...my hair comes in so thin now,. yay
does it hurt very much??? i tried waxing last night and i can barely sit down!!!