4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 05-15-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Fell off wagon too!

I wish things were going better in my life right now. I'm feeling so stressed! That is part of the reason I fell off the diet wagon too!. I've gained back 6 lbs.

I know I've been eating from stress and nervousness. Wish I could control it better but with hubby's back, my mother's health, son breaking wrist, litter of puppies, expecting a litter of puppies, purchasing a new puppy....life is getting the better of me I think.

I just need to slow down and quit worrying over things I have no control over....easier said than done. Hopefully the last two puppies will soon find forever homes, but I'll still be picky where they go.

Any of you in the same boat? Maybe you can help me paddle....
Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

UGH!! Janet, i know what you mean about stressing, im in the same boat, im so sick & tired of stressing, thinking, worrying, its making my head spin! I wish i could "switch off" for a while, or take a nice long vacation to some tropical island. Meet you there
Old 05-15-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
Janet

Wouldn't that be great? I would love a vacation!! We haven't had a vacation since my son was about 5 years old. Hubby always saved his vacation time to go to Scout camps with our son. I didn't mind, that way I didn't worry so much about my boy.

Someplace nice with a cool very light breeze sound wonderful. I'm tired of being so tense and in knots.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #4
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Wouldn't that be great? I would love a vacation!! We haven't had a vacation since my son was about 5 years old. Hubby always saved his vacation time to go to Scout camps with our son. I didn't mind, that way I didn't worry so much about my boy.

Someplace nice with a cool very light breeze sound wonderful. I'm tired of being so tense and in knots.
We will find a nice thatched roof shady place to sit under while sipping strawberrie margaritas
Old 05-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, it's not too late to get back on the diet. You've done so good with watching what you've eaten. Don't give up now. Just think about summer, wearing shorts, going swimming and how much you're going to love the fact that you've lost some weight. You can do what ever you set your mind to do, so set it to get back on your diet!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #6
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Janet, sounds to me like you do need a vacation or a spa day or something!!!!! Get someone to watch the pups and take off for a long weekend with your guys. I'm not familiar with Indiana at all, but there's bound to be a nice town you can escape to and do something different for a change.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #7
AngieDoogles

Janet, I hope you can take a vacation now that your son is getting older. That sounds like what you need more than anything right now. I'm sorry life can be so stressful at times. Go find that island with Mandy!

But seriously, take some time for yourself and maybe you'll feel better. *hugs*
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Janet - You are having quite the time. Deep breaths and I hope it all settles down for you a bit. Life does get crazy from time to time for sure.

Mentally all us ladies should take a 5 minute vacation. Totally shut it all out and find our happy place. My 5 minute vacation in my mind has an umbrella in it smelling of coconut with a warm breeze!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #9
Janet

My good sister-in-law and I are going together to the spa as soon as school lets out. We are going to go when her next day off is and find out what all they offer and then make an appointment. I can't wait. My SIL said that this place also has a training facility right there and the prices are cheaper. I told her I didn't care about the price because I didn't want to end up in worse shape...LOL ..so we'll see. Even though I was planning on going no matter what..it's nice that she wants to go too. We will have so much fun!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #10
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I think that it's always more fun to go with another person. When I went and got a massage my aunt went with me and we both got massages. She's a lot of fun to be around.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #11
Jessica R

That spa and vacation sounds great!

I haven't gotten back onto the dieting wagon -- I've gained back 4 of the 27 lbs lost, and I still need to lose another 50, sigh. Every morning I swear I'll do better, but then something happens and. . . having kids around I can't throw all the 'bad' food out; which is really how I kept thin before I had children. No fast food, no candy, no deserts unless they are low cal/low fat, or fruit. But hubby and kids keep picking up ice cream. . . cookies. . . potato chips!!! Aaaarrrghhh! And yes I have spoken to them about this, but they act as though I'm punishing them.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #12
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica R
That spa and vacation sounds great!

I haven't gotten back onto the dieting wagon -- I've gained back 4 of the 27 lbs lost, and I still need to lose another 50, sigh. Every morning I swear I'll do better, but then something happens and. . . having kids around I can't throw all the 'bad' food out; which is really how I kept thin before I had children. No fast food, no candy, no deserts unless they are low cal/low fat, or fruit. But hubby and kids keep picking up ice cream. . . cookies. . . potato chips!!! Aaaarrrghhh! And yes I have spoken to them about this, but they act as though I'm punishing them.

I know exactly what you're saying Jessica. I've gained by 6 of the 20 and it's really hard. Like right now...as I type this...I'm wanting ice cream with Hershys chocolate and peanuts. I gotta keep typing....gotta keep typing....
Old 05-19-2007, 04:35 PM   #13
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Pleezeeeeeee I fell off and have stayed off, been eating crap everyday Oh well maybe Monday...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:28 PM   #14
Jessica R

Lol, okay. Monday didn't work. Went to lunch and playdate with one of my daughter's classmates -- and of course it would be stupid McDonald's!!! Darnit -- I should have planned something, like a picnic, but instead, "Okay, sounds great."

Sometimes I want to kick myself in the butt; at this rate it should get big enough that I'll be able to do just that, lol. Doing good this evening, although hubby and kids bought ice cream this past weekend. I got an ice cream maker for Mother's Day, and am actively looking for healthy ice cream/fozen yogurt recipes, so I'll have something to offset when their ice cream is calling to me from the freezer. Lol, Janet, that ice cream is really, really loud!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #15
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica R
Lol, okay. Monday didn't work. Went to lunch and playdate with one of my daughter's classmates -- and of course it would be stupid McDonald's!!! Darnit -- I should have planned something, like a picnic, but instead, "Okay, sounds great."

Sometimes I want to kick myself in the butt; at this rate it should get big enough that I'll be able to do just that, lol. Doing good this evening, although hubby and kids bought ice cream this past weekend. I got an ice cream maker for Mother's Day, and am actively looking for healthy ice cream/fozen yogurt recipes, so I'll have something to offset when their ice cream is calling to me from the freezer. Lol, Janet, that ice cream is really, really loud!
Don't you know it girl!! I love ice cream with choc syrup and nuts. yummy yummy!!!